FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

Aaron Cowan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

I've been away from the forum too long...but I haven't stopped photography. Here are two panos shot with a 400mm and stitched in photoshop. This year's winter did not look too promising (kind of low snow fall, sorry to the Easterners!). We experienced many days in the 40s with an inversion during January, but February brought a good amount of snow and cold. There was about one whole week of good winter photography. I'll share a few more later but these are my favorite panos from this year's winter. Thank you for looking; any and all C&C is very welcome.

#1 Steptoe Butte
http://www.aaroncowanphotos.com/Recent/i-xD78STx/0/XL/Steptoe-and-Barn-1x2-Pano-XL.jpg

#2 Kamiak Butte
http://www.aaroncowanphotos.com/Recent/i-pZVhcrt/0/XL/Kamiak-Butte-Winter-Afternoon-Light-XL.jpg

Edited on Mar 13, 2014 at 09:37 AM · View previous versions

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

Nice job, the first looks like Step Toe and I am guessing the second is from the east flank of Step Toe.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

Can't really verbalize it well, but I feel a better flow of the composition from #2. I do like the layers and the undulating hills 3/4 of the way back into the composition. Fine shots.

Dave

Mar 12, 2014 at 01:38 PM
Aaron Cowan
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

Thank you for the feedback.

Ben: Yes, the first photo shows Steptoe. Both panos were taken from the same spot...I just flipped the camera around about 180 degrees.

Dave: I know what you mean. The first pano is similar to a Autumn photo from the same spot. I like the furrows that rise up in the hill to the right-side of the image but it almost leaves the composition unresolved or hanging just a bit. I took this photo at the same time, adding a barn on the far right-side to help balance out the scene.

http://www.aaroncowanphotos.com/Recent/i-9jpW44f/0/XL/Steptoe-and-Barn-1x3-Pano-XL.jpg

Mar 13, 2014 at 09:37 AM
DonH
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

All nice but I think that I'd have to go with #3. Lovely sweeping view

Mar 13, 2014 at 04:47 PM
msoomro
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Palouse Winter Panoramas (2) + 1 pano

love these - they are stronger than other set

Mar 14, 2014 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.