Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Wrestling Poster for little guys

Kathy White
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

I do quite a few posters every year and I always seem to end up with something similar. Usually 3 shots, sometimes up to 5. I'd like to so something different but not sure what. Here is a poster I just delivered. I didn't have an opportunity to shoot them in a match and the Moms wanted posters anyway just from a portrait shoot. This is what I ended up with for this little guy. I've never shot wrestling before so the coaches helped with poses. These guys were just 6 years up in age.

Any thoughts as to what I could do differently would be appreciated. Critique away as I feel I need a new perspective. Any thoughts as to how to shake up the font, or placement of the name, etc?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:50 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

Honestly I really like it. Very simple, yet very nice.

Matt

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

Looks good. Suggestions...
1) The only pose that doesn't jive is the top one. Consider a ready position or something different. That pose as is, doesn't really work as it's not a pose you would see in wrestling.

2) Change the Basehor font... ho hum. Too basic in this case.

3) Looks like an offshoot from an artistic action template. That's fine, but templates have evolved quite a bit over the last 5 years.

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #4 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

Thanks Matt, and P Alesse, Question about the font, any suggestion? I messed with them for probably an hour looking for something different and more modern but not so old looking. That is what I came up with pretty much by default. I'll try to research and see if I can come up with anything else. Funny about the pose, the coach called it something but I don't recall. I have absolutely no experience with wrestling. They agreed to assist with the poses when they called and asked me to do them.

You are dead on about the artistic actions look. I started out using their templates and I just can't seem to break out of the format. I look online for ideas but can't manage to find many. I'd really like get out of the rut. Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

Kathy….+1 on Matt and Paul's comments and suggestions. Looking to keep the simplicity factor with the font…looking at the lettering on leg of the lad on the right….give it a try and see how it looks. And I also like the colors and it being not too crammed with cutouts and text.

Frank

Mar 12, 2014 at 02:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

PennsyBill
• • •
p.1 #6 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

I've never done like this but I think it would look better with the young man's name on the bottom and team's on the left. But, that's just my opinion. I like the poses.

Mar 15, 2014 at 06:37 AM
pat.kane
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

I looked at a lot of poster templates recently and these seem to be better than most. I've not tried any yet though.
http://photosolutionsmarket.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=2

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM
pedwatt

p.1 #8 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

I like it, with the above comments applied, I do have a a question, I am seeing a horizontal yellow line across the top, that become a cross in the top left. Also another yellow horizontal line below the "T". Are they suppose to be there? They seem really subtle to be on propose.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:47 PM
moneyj28

p.1 #9 · Wrestling Poster for little guys

He looks ready for the WWE.

Mar 28, 2014 at 06:50 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password