Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

popinvasion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

I have a 5Dmk3 and a 6D. Both are great. I shoot a lot of video and would like a 3rd camera. I had been thinking black magic, but I think I may not want the hassle of buying new lenses as well. The 70D looks pretty good on paper. I think the af for video might be beneficial if it works as well as I have seen in reviews. Occasionally I like smaller simple setups for stills and occasionally more reach is handy. Any thoughts?

Mar 09, 2014 at 07:45 PM
YonathanZ
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

Can't say I don't like my 70D (never owned FF, though). It tracks well with my Sigma 50 1.4 (but this lens is noisy), and the touch interface is great.

Mar 10, 2014 at 03:14 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

popinvasion wrote:
. I had been thinking black magic, but I think I may not want the hassle of buying new lenses as well.

the Black Magic's come with EF mount as well dont they ?

if your buying a DSLR strictly for video and want AF then the 70D probably fills that gap . but the STM lenses are best with the sytstem

Mar 10, 2014 at 04:11 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
the Black Magic's come with EF mount as well dont they ?

if your buying a DSLR strictly for video and want AF then the 70D probably fills that gap . but the STM lenses are best with the sytstem

I was thinking more along the pocket cinema which is mft mount. You could get an adaptor but it's all more than I feel like chasing especially if the 70D rocks.

Mar 10, 2014 at 02:20 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

I own a 5d3 and a 70d, and 70D is much nicer for video. this is b/c of articulaitng screen, tough screen, and excellent tracking. that much said, the video out put quality is definitley the best with 5d3. Images are sharper and more detailed.
for the price of a 70D, given you already have two bodies, you should seriously consider the sony a6000 and its kit lens, both as a very light and small take me every where, and an excellent video camera (it shoots in 60 p, something non of the canon dslr's do). Of course, if you are in to wild life and birding, and want to have a canon dslr with the crop factor, thats another story.

Mar 10, 2014 at 02:40 PM
matt.parker

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

I love what the 70D does with video, but I just can't get past the crop factor. Give me a full-frame 70D and there would be no question...

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM
JayD

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

Articulating screens are addicting once you get used to them

Mar 12, 2014 at 09:20 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

Not familiar with 70d, but not much size difference between 30d &5d. Unless they've made it a lot smaller, or the 5d3 biggerthan 5d, you won't have a big size difference.

I prefer APS though. A lossless 1.6 tc for my tele & macro.

The rebels are small.

Mar 13, 2014 at 09:09 AM
andyb1217

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Should I buy a crop? 70D?

Just bought my 70d and have loved every minute with it!

Mar 18, 2014 at 06:40 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.