FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Seeking Wireless Remote Advice

AnthonyRay
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Seeking Wireless Remote Advice

John Caldwell wrote:
Herb and others, I thank you for your interest. The work that calls for the remote shutter trigger is a portrait project involving dog agility. These are posed portraits in the sense that the agility exercises are not within a formal test or competition, but are done in an agility studio with artificial light. Below or examples of images where the shutter remote would be very helpful. Five lights (Canon 580ex II speed lights) are in use, each associated with its own modifier. Triggering is done by the Odin system. Because I prefer the appearance of the portrait at
...Show more

Ah! First (Paul), nice to know the 602's do wake the camera in shutter mode.

Second - and not to throw a wrench into things - well yes, throw a wrench into things.

Would something like this laser trip system work? http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/cactus-laser-trigger-lv5.html
This absolutely looks like what it was designed for. I remember reading about it some time back and wondering what I could possibly use it for!

[edit] here's an explanation of how it works: http://flashhavoc.com/cactus-lv5-laser-trip-trigger-now-available/

There is also the trap focus on the magiclantern software, but that wouldn't work with your camera. And I totally forgot - cactus makes completely straightforward RF shutter release systems - so check at that link - that could be the simplest solution.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:23 PM
John Caldwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Seeking Wireless Remote Advice

Anthony the Cactus Laser V5 you point out might be perfect for some of the situations that arise in this dog utility world. Looks like it may be worth the $85 to try it.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, Anthony.

John Caldwell

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:42 PM
AnthonyRay
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Seeking Wireless Remote Advice

John Caldwell wrote:
Anthony the Cactus Laser V5 you point out might be perfect for some of the situations that arise in this dog utility world. Looks like it may be worth the $85 to try it.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, Anthony.

John Caldwell

Hey! Just glad I remembered it. Still some hope for me.

If it works post please some more of your cool pictures!

Mar 12, 2014 at 02:25 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Seeking Wireless Remote Advice

Take a look at Trigger Trap if you are looking for a way to trigger off sound. You buy the cables, their app is free and run from your phone or tablet.

Mar 12, 2014 at 02:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.