Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Forum Problems Replying / PMs

holeshot

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Forum Problems Replying / PMs

I'm fairly new to the forum, and am having some difficulty replying. Example:

I created a topic and 2 or 3 people responded giving me their opinions. When I tried to reply to one of them, I got the notice that I needed 25 posts to reply. I'm confused, I can create a topic, but I cant reply to my own topic Since I saw this as a bug in the program, I decided to PM Fred Miranda. Guess what ? Can't do that either, says I need 25 posts to PM. However a few days earlier I sent a PM to another member, and rec'd a response from them. What am I missing (other than the required 25 posts ?

Forgive me if I don't respond to anyone that might answer me, but I might not be able to reply.

Mar 09, 2014 at 06:34 PM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Forum Problems Replying / PMs

Fred recently made some changes to the website as part of an ongoing effort to provide enhanced functionality overall and increased security for buy and sell transactions. Included in some recent changes were limitations on new account holders' ability to send PMs and reply to posts: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1276890/1#12183937

I'm not sure if your situation of being unable to reply to your own thread was an intended action or not, but I will send him a PM with a link to this thread on your behalf.

Mar 09, 2014 at 06:51 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #3 · Forum Problems Replying / PMs

Thanks for letting me know.
The restriction in "Reply" should be limited to the buy and sell boards. I will fix this ASAP!
Fred

Mar 09, 2014 at 07:03 PM
holeshot

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Forum Problems Replying / PMs

Thank you Mitesh for bringing this to Freds attention. And thank you Fred for changing this so promptly. Now I won't feel like I'm being rude for not replying.

Mar 09, 2014 at 09:22 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #5 · Forum Problems Replying / PMs

holeshot wrote:
Thank you Mitesh for bringing this to Freds attention. And thank you Fred for changing this so promptly. Now I won't feel like I'm being rude for not replying.

You're welcome. This has been fixed now.
Fred

Mar 10, 2014 at 02:04 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password