FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Framed Prints

Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Framed Prints

I'm looking for a supplier that offers framed prints. I've looked through a number of labs that I'm familiar with already and hoping someone can help me find something. Here's what I'm looking for:

- Prints sized 10x15, 12x18, 16x24 and 20x30
- Thick (2" or so) black frames WITH matting AND glass

So far, none of the labs I've found offer the combination of those sizes AND matting and glass in a frame. MPix does offer these through my Zenfolio gallery, but their prices for frames/mats are more expensive than I'd like.

Thanks!

Mar 09, 2014 at 12:07 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Framed Prints

Miller's has all of that; except the 12x18. Pricing will probably be similar to MPix. I did not check. Zen might be making it higher.

http://www.millerslab.com/frames

Mar 09, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Framed Prints

amonline wrote:
Miller's has all of that; except the 12x18. Pricing will probably be similar to MPix. I did not check. Zen might be making it higher.

http://www.millerslab.com/frames

Thanks. I have the highest Zenfolio plan, so I have both options in there. Although the print options are slightly different prices, the frames are the same and are both expensive.

Mar 09, 2014 at 12:25 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Framed Prints

Simply Color Lab will do that as well but if you don't like Miller's and MPix prices, you really won't like theirs. Frames are hella expensive, especially so when someone else is doing the assembly and packing/shipping.

Mar 09, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Framed Prints

ckhagen wrote:
Simply Color Lab will do that as well but if you don't like Miller's and MPix prices, you really won't like theirs. Frames are hella expensive, especially so when someone else is doing the assembly and packing/shipping.

Yeah, for client stuff it would be fine, but I'm looking into it for The Giving Gallery and every dollar counts to me since I'm giving the proceeds away.

Mar 09, 2014 at 12:44 PM
G-Gore
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Framed Prints

Have you mentioned that to the labs? That they could become partners in your charity? Maybe that would bring their prices down for "free" advertising.

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:22 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Framed Prints

G-Gore wrote:
Have you mentioned that to the labs? That they could become partners in your charity? Maybe that would bring their prices down for "free" advertising.

Talked to a few labs but got no such help. If you know anyone, I'd love to try chatting with them.

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:24 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Framed Prints

Have you considered doing it yourself? I find framing prints to be one of single most enjoyable things to do with photos. It is very therapeutic and fulfilling to me personally.

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:32 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Framed Prints

Possibly find a local frame store who wants to contribute to the cause?

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:44 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Framed Prints

joelconner wrote:
Have you considered doing it yourself? I find framing prints to be one of single most enjoyable things to do with photos. It is very therapeutic and fulfilling to me personally.

I do it as well. I think it would depend on the volume if it was prudent or not. Definitely cheaper than outsourcing, but, definitely way more work.

Mar 09, 2014 at 02:07 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Framed Prints

DannyBostwick wrote:
I do it as well. I think it would depend on the volume if it was prudent or not. Definitely cheaper than outsourcing, but, definitely way more work.

I could see myself loving this and doing it down the road, but the site and orders/publicity already take a good amount of time for us, so I'd like a lab if possible.

Mar 09, 2014 at 02:26 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Framed Prints

We have all of our fiber prints custom framed. We just hunt around for a local shop that does it. We also ask our couples what they want the framed print to look like (frame, matte, etc.) and what type of room they are putting it in.

Mar 09, 2014 at 02:47 PM
vraspa
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Framed Prints

You could go to pictureframes.com Order your frame matte and glass then just put the picture in yourself. Easy to do and cheaper than custom frame shops.

Mar 10, 2014 at 08:34 AM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Framed Prints

Like others I'd go hunting for a small company that that would get on board with the cause. I know a few here but obviously that's not much help to you

Mar 10, 2014 at 09:34 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Framed Prints

WHCC does frames too and in their Roes they offer a 12x18 fame size (8x12 print size, you have to go to a 20x24 frame size to get a 12x18 print size). Black frame, single or double mats.

Mar 10, 2014 at 09:47 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Framed Prints

Not a contributor here, but saw your lead-in on the home page. I use White House Custom Color for my framed prints and find their print and frame quality to be top notch, and they offer amazingly fast turnaround. They don't offer "glass" but they do offer acrylic (plexiglass) or something like that that doesn't have the same reflective glare as glass and is safer for shipping. As for pricing, like the others listed, not cheap. But if you are calling to ask for "partnerships" it's another option for you.

Cheers!
-Greg

Mar 10, 2014 at 09:49 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.