Upload & Sell: On
Ok I am going to be point blank here. You can call me @$$ or you can take it and grow.
1. When I go your website, the first image I see is a pretty cool shot of a football player, I mean the facial expresion, the pulling of the jersey and everything in that image is amazing BUT it should be in recycle bin. If it is not tack sharp, no matter how amazing, it is trash. Grandma can take blurry.
2. In game shots have a 2 day shelf life, you have to network with the parents and players. Build a facebook presence, post samples and keep the engergy going. As it has already been mention the money in "spec" sports is in the side shoots, not in the action shoots. The Iphone is row 3 is "good" enough for mom. You need to build the network so you do their senior pictures and team pictures.
3. Already been mentioned, but Watermark, watermark, watermark. If they are willing illegally download a mp3 from a billion dollar music label with a legal team, what do you think is going to stop them from hijacking your picture? See image below, that is good enough for Facebook, and action shots only live til the next game. At least with watermarking your brand would be on the image
4. Sports/Motorsports on the amatuer side is a grind. If you don't LOVE what your shooting it is not worth it.
5. Welcome to real world, there are no flowers or easy paths. Put your head down, network like crazy, sell you soul, and maybe maybe one day you can convert it to a pro gig with a pro magazine. If not, the money is not there.Sorry. Doesn't mean you quit, it means you find your own path.
6. No more shooting for money, I am not saying not to sell your images, I am saying when you accept a gig go into knowing you're not going to make a dime. Only accept gigs your going to love, at the local level.
7. You are a PHOTOGRAPHER, no more excuses. Every post you have responded to has been with an excuse. It is your job to step into a stituation, analyze it and master it. If you fail, seek help, analyze that help, and evolve.