Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Eric Smith
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Six frames from tonight's Houston Dynamo MLS season-opener v New England Revolution for the Chronicle (last-minute assignment). All shot with a D3s and 200-400mm (except the first frame, 24-70mm), 1/1250 @f4, 2500 ISO. C&C always appreciated, and thanks for looking.

-Eric

Mar 09, 2014 at 06:38 AM
Eric Smith
• •
p.1 #2 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Last goal scored.

Mar 09, 2014 at 06:38 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Great work, Eric. Peak action and cool stadium shot. Hard to believe we're back to MLS already!

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:21 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

How well do you feel the 200-400 covers the match? Do you find the short side adequate or do you still grab for a second body with either a 70-200 or 24-70? Action is good
Would suggest increasing exposure 1/3 stop on #3 & 5. Was a card issued in #5?

Matt

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

xotom

Account locked
p.1 #5 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Great work.

Mar 09, 2014 at 02:26 PM
Eric Smith
• •
p.1 #6 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

The 200-400 covers it well, though I have to remind myself to "shoot tighter"; this is only my second week of owning it. Honestly, for soccer, you can't imagine a better lens. On my side of the pitch, it covers the entire half with ease; I love that at 200, I have the goal area covered perfectly for corner kicks. I had my 24-70 next to me on the ground to grab in case I got lucky if a post-goal celebration happened in my area. And you're right about the exposure needing to be bumped a 1/3 of a stop. Why I didn't bump the ISO up to 3200 is silly considering I shot it at 10000 ISO last week and the results were crazy good. Anyway, thanks all for the comments, and if you have ever considered getting a 200-400, DO IT.

Mar 09, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Graham Crowthe
• • •
p.1 #7 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Lovely captures Eric!,
I had to look twice at #2 .
I road tested the D4s last week @ a trade show & I'm guessing that & the 200-400 combo is gonna blow away anything else TBH!!.
& no I didn't order a D4s as I'd like the gremlins ironed out first by |Getty etc who have first dibs on UK stock .
Kind regards Graham.

Mar 09, 2014 at 07:16 PM
pmartin4665

p.1 #8 · MLS- Dynamo v New England soccer

Great action shot with photo #4! I really enjoyed watching MLS 36 special on Brad Davis and Tally Hall. I really envy those of you that have the opportunity to shoot MLS matches - I'd love to make it down on the pitch one of these days! Its HS and club soccer for now . . .

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password