Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2014 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

ergosyn

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Are grey market cameras overstock or "fallen of the truck" or what? How can they sell them so cheap?

Mar 09, 2014 at 09:05 PM
aubsxc
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

ergosyn wrote:
Are grey market cameras overstock or "fallen of the truck" or what? How can they sell them so cheap?

Camera manufacturers use different pricing models for different markets. Some resellers take advantage of the price differentials and buy cameras in international markets to resell in the US. There is nothing illegal about this and the international models are exactly the same as the US models in most cases. The only difference is with warranty, as some manufacturers like Nikon will not cover cameras that were imported into the US through unofficial channels.

Mar 09, 2014 at 10:32 PM
jaybird555
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Check this one out :http://tronicswiz.com/tr/index.php $2349. USA model with free shipping!

Edited on Mar 10, 2014 at 04:15 PM · View previous versions

Mar 10, 2014 at 03:21 PM
bobsofpa
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Cannot find anything on TronicsWiz on ResellerRatings.com

Mar 10, 2014 at 03:59 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

I googled TronicsWiz and it looks like they have good reviews. By the way, you are protected if you use a major credit card to order.

Mar 10, 2014 at 04:14 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

vovkinson wrote:
I would not be so sure about that...

Yeah, because everyone knows that the D800 is such the better camera.

what is a D800 (sounds like an airplane model)

Mar 10, 2014 at 04:18 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

I just looked up the D-800 and it is made by Nikon. 4 F.P.S. is excellent (if you are photographing a snail race)

Mar 10, 2014 at 04:24 PM
jake13
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

There are just too many red flags waving for me to consider TronicsWiz.com. First, price is just too good to be true. Second, look at the "accessories". Generic looking 4GB CF cards for $219.00. Really? That's always a red flag for me. Third, absolutely or nearly, no reviews or balanced feedback. Never heard of Trustpilot.com, but the reviews are awfully rosy, and devoid of any real feedback.

I'm tempted by the Ebay deal...but holding out for the refurbs to come back into stock at Canon.

Mar 10, 2014 at 07:06 PM
caspase8

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Will there be any price drop by Canon in the near future on Canon 6D body?

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM
jake13
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Well...patience wins sometimes. 5D3 refurbs are back in stock at Canon. Not sure how many, but I just bought one on the Loyalty Program for $2447.28. No sales tax in Oregon. Woo hoo!

Mar 11, 2014 at 02:50 PM
jojoenglish85

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

would love to have one of these

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM
RightClickWrongTime

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

I chose to pass but ended up getting what I thought was a great deal on ebay albeit somewhat risky I ended up with a 5d mark iii with the bg-e11 grip, a canon 40mm pancake lens, all boxes and mint shape with 3870 on the shutter according to eos count for 2800 including all us/ canada warranty cards.. I simply could not be happier coming from a 60d. I have shot the 1dmkiii, 1dmkiv and while i worked a short while at a local shop the 1dx which was out of my monetary league. I looked hard and long and even tried to purchase from a fellow FMer here but Im new so that didnt work out. I hope to post some of my work soon for critique. After much research I think there are enough satisfied customers buying from sources mentioned in this thread that I would have been satisfied either way grey market or not this camera is really impressive. I dont have a lot of free time but in reference to my attempted buying experience here on the buy/sell i was advised to make some smaller purchases etc but after 25 years of shooting i really dont need to make small purchases as my kit is nearly complete- well so i want to believe for now. I could sure use the 500f4 or 600 haha but anyhow enough of my rambling i have truely enjoyed this site and will continue to do so and who knows I could really use a new lowepro pro trekker 400 and the sig 50 art when available.
Good shooting
Todd.

Mar 23, 2014 at 03:39 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

ergosyn wrote:

They seem to sell a lot of returned products as new... in which case you'd be better off getting a refurbished unit from Canon as it would be in better condition and have a warranty.

Mar 23, 2014 at 04:44 PM
Mlkyoung

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Hey all, I've been lurking here for a while. I ended up jumping on this deal. Couldn't be happier. I know it was most likely a grey market camera but after reading that Canon will usually service them, I went ahead. Received camera within two days of payment. It came in a kit box as expected without a warranty card. Registered with Canon without a problem. Using the shutter count program for Mac, it shows zero actuations. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

Like Rightclickwrongtime mentioned, this is a really impressive camera. I'm very excited to use it to the fullest. I bought a battery from the buy/sell forum but disappointed that I need 25 posts just to get a feedback from the seller.

Mar 23, 2014 at 05:31 PM
Rossen Kirilov

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Canon has in stock 5D III refurb. With loyalty program final price is $2600.

Mar 25, 2014 at 04:58 PM
armorris

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Good to know about those refurb 5DIIIs.

Mar 26, 2014 at 04:41 PM
mastroiani

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Good price, but still overpriced

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Good price, but still overpriced

I strongly agree. I have been waiting a long time for Canon to smarten up and lower the MAP to something realistic like around $2200 but they're back to their old tricks of selling outdated tech for the maximum price (now forcing retailers to sell at MAP). As long as there are consumers out there still gnawing away at the rotten apple that is Canon's current offerings, we'll see no relief. I am seriously looking at Sony's newest NEX style camera, the A6000 and almost pulled the trigger on the pre-order as I have a $100 coupon to use at the Sony store. How can Canon think they can still sell that camera at it's MAP of over $3,000 when I can get a better sensor with more of everything (pixels, DR, ISO range, auto focus points, etc) and about 3 lenses for the same price? It's ridiculous.

Mar 30, 2014 at 09:26 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

Sarsfield wrote:
I strongly agree. I have been waiting a long time for Canon to smarten up and lower the MAP to something realistic like around $2200 but they're back to their old tricks of selling outdated tech for the maximum price (now forcing retailers to sell at MAP). As long as there are consumers out there still gnawing away at the rotten apple that is Canon's current offerings, we'll see no relief. I am seriously looking at Sony's newest NEX style camera, the A6000 and almost pulled the trigger on the pre-order as I have a $100 coupon to use at
...Show more

The only explanation I have is that there is no alternative in case you want to stick to Canon DSLRs. The 5D MkIII is the "best" what Canon has in this price class. The other reason is that many don't even know the difference in FF sensor specifics. Others also might be too scared to try a different company and camera model with different options and settings than what they are used to from Canon menus. I believe that the majority who can really make use of the good AF system in the MkIII already has this camera. Others who can make more use of higher resolution and DR, went already mostly either with the D800(E) in addition or even more so with the Sony A7 series - or they simply wait. Pretty much you need to decide what is more important for you in case you hold on to your Canon lens gear - AF or better sensor. I decided for the latter.

Mar 30, 2014 at 09:56 AM
jonathandodson

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Hot deal: Canon 5D Mark III for $2,559 Shipped!

I just sold mine for around that used. The price should really be coming down.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.