Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

jord217
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

Hey friends,

I posted a shot from here a few months back (more of the normal up close view you see from this place). When I was climbing up to shoot here I was really impressed with the entire cliffside above the ruins so I thought that a wider shot might work nicely as well. This was just about the time my wife and I were wrapping up our 9 month journey around the U.S so it was really a bittersweet moment getting to see some of these ruins in person finally. I've certainly left my heart in the southwest Have a great night guys.

Jordan

*EDIT* I added another go at this with your guys suggestions. Hopefully this one is better. This is a tough one for me ; )

Edited on Mar 07, 2014 at 08:02 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:48 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

A good try at a different perspective.
It might be just a little too saturated and contrasty for me. But, that's a personal decision.

Mar 06, 2014 at 06:27 PM
jord217
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

Thanks for the feedback. I was struggling with the saturation for about 20 minutes. I'll back it off a touch more and see how it looks.

Mar 06, 2014 at 06:34 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

Hey Jordan,

Very nicely done here. I like the tones in this, but I agree with Craig, just back off on the saturation a tiny bit. Those reds can be so hard to keep in control, plus I know with me, the saturation can creep up on a guy very easily. It's like our eyes keep asking for more...

Jim

Mar 07, 2014 at 01:12 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

All 'art' is a personal decision, but that color is way too hot anyway.

Mar 07, 2014 at 06:31 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

Jordan,
The saturation is a bit much (funny hearing that from me) ...its making the image look muddy

Mar 07, 2014 at 07:45 PM
jord217
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

Thanks for the input guys. I've posted a revision. Let me know if this is better. My monitor is also probably a little out of whack so this feedback helps. I pulled out a little contrast and desaturated reds and oranges a touch. I might just have to start over with it.

Mar 07, 2014 at 07:54 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

I think the second version is an improvement--looks better on my monitor. Nice looking area, and I like your take with the wide lens.

Dave

Mar 07, 2014 at 08:43 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fallen Roof Ruin +1

"I've certainly left my heart in the southwest..."

ITS OH SO EASY TO DO!

Mar 07, 2014 at 09:19 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.