Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Acrylic Printing Advice

Dooglestar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Acrylic Printing Advice

Hi,

I'm preparing an exhibition and plan to use Acrylic as my preferred way to mount. However I'm not sure whether to print directly onto the acrylic or encase a photo into the acrylic. It's a quality issue, I've seen other examples of work directly printed onto the acrylic glass and it didn't seem to be as good quality (pixelation) as what the encased photo are.

If anyone has experience in this area I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:04 PM
Chris Collis

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Acrylic Printing Advice

I've been looking at this option lately as well. Just yesterday, I sent a print to BumbleJax to have face-mounted to 1/4" acrylic.
http://blog.bumblejax.com/acrylicplexi-prints-photo-mounting/

BumbleJax was my choice for some of what you mentioned vs. direct print to acrylic. Printing directly to acrylic will not give the same standard of resolution or vibrancy of a traditional print that is face-mounted to acrylic. The face-mounting process is sometimes called diasec, which you can google and find some information on. Here is a helpful thread on diasec:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=001YUe

I chose to print the image on my own and send it to BumbleJax to have mounted, but they will print for you as well and I believe they use an HP large-format. I printed onto LexJet Sunset Metallic with my Epson 9900 and signed the print before mailing it to them.

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:26 PM
KayakerChuck

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Acrylic Printing Advice

Thanks for the BumbleJax link!

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password