Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

ox0312
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Have you recently received the order (pre-order) for the Tamron 150-600mm Canon version of the Lens (after Feb 15)

I ordered the lens back in December and was one of the first to receive the copy by 17th Jan from B&H

I returned the lens for an exchange after using 3 weeks due to the Focus issues with my Canon 7D.

Sales rep put me on the Top of the list for the next week delivery from Tamron (which was Feb 12).

I am still waiting for the lens and earlier today I had a discussion with Sales Rep about the order.

Me : Want to check the status of the Order #XXXXXXXX
Sale Rep: I really apologize for this inconvenience! Unfortunately, the manufacturer is experiencing an unexpected delay. As if now, they have informed us to expect delivery around the 30th of April.
Me: but when I placed the order, I was in the queue for the very next week
Sale Rep: I do understand that. From what I can see, you will be included in the first shipment, but we have not been able to fill any orders yet unfortunately.
Sale Rep: I apologize again for this inconvenience.
Sale Rep: Is
...Show more

This is 3rd time they have delayed the order Is this a reaction to all those returns and reported issues with lens? & Tamron by now has realized that there are issues with this Lens? I don't know but they are definitely delaying my order.

Please reply if you are in the same situation or have received the order recently or have something to say about this situation.

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:28 AM
krementz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

The delay may a good thing. Japanese culturally do not like embarrassment (think harakiri), so as a company they may be reluctant to talk about the less-than-perfection of the 150-600. However, they may be working like hell to fix it, and you will get one that works right.

Or I just may be optimistic.

Japanese quality systems generally stop production when there is a problem; no point in making more mistakes. Contrast this to the old General Motors system that kept making sub-standard vehicles to make quarterly financial goals.

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:45 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Could just be supply and demand.

Mar 06, 2014 at 03:56 AM
MDelinquento
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Bummer. I placed my order in early January. By early May I'll have missed a migration season. Fortunately I always enjoy using my 100-400mm L. This Tamron better be damned good.

M

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:13 AM
johnctharp
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

krementz wrote:
Japanese quality systems generally stop production when there is a problem; no point in making more mistakes. Contrast this to the old General Motors system that kept making sub-standard vehicles to make quarterly financial goals.

Well, Japanese companies don't have the UAW either

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:22 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Edited on Mar 07, 2014 at 08:32 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:25 AM
johnctharp
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Karl Witt wrote:
Lens made in China actually

Karl

iPhones are made in China, to Japanese standards- the U.S. Honda Accord is made here, also to Japanese standards- both are excellent products. Apple wouldn't continue making faulty iPhones in China and Honda wouldn't continue making faulty Accords in the U.S., would they?

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:30 AM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

When I called to exchange mine they offered the same thing. I could return it and get on the list for a replacement. So, I opted to just return it and wait and see what happens with the Tamron and what Canon comes out with in the mean time. It sounds to me like they have perhaps halted production until they get it fixed. I hope so because it shows they have at least internally anyway, accepted the fact it has a problem and are seriously pursuing getting it corrected. The copy I had not only had the Servo issue on my 1DIV and 7D but the AF was very inconsistent.

I didn't want to get caught past the 30 day return period with not knowing the outcome. For those of you waiting for a replacement, will your 30 days start again if you are still not happy with it?

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:46 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Edited on Mar 07, 2014 at 08:32 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:50 AM
johnctharp
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Karl Witt wrote:
I merely stated 'where' the lens was made. I did not asses any quality standards with my statement.
If you had your choice where would you prefer?

Your frowning-face did add a negative connotation to the idea that the lens was made in China, and that it would be better if it were made in Japan...

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Edited on Mar 07, 2014 at 08:33 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:54 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

To the OP, if there is a delay figure it a good thing. If there is an improvement or a determination with its function on certain Canon bodies that is remedied you will benefit from it. It would be great if the lens overcomes its limitations of functions on know bodies, my 1DMKIII being one of them.

Best in luck on your replacement when it arrives, there is a great deal of good about the lens and one important area of concern for IF or moving target shooters

Karl

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:59 AM
ox0312
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

To the OP, if there is a delay figure it a good thing. If there is an improvement or a determination with its function on certain Canon bodies that is remedied you will benefit from it. It would be great if the lens overcomes its limitations of functions on know bodies, my 1DMKIII being one of them.

Agreed, I also don't want to go in the Buy->Test->Return cycle with this lens. It's good that if they figure out the issues and fix those issues. Definitely this lens is a bargain at this price.

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:05 AM
ox0312
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Another discussion with B&H Person about the AF issue

Me: What about the AF issues related to the Tamron 150-600mm Canon version? Any update from the manufacturer.

B&H Photo Video: We are not aware of any AF issues with this lens. Tamron has not announced any issues with the lens via an official announcement or press release on their website. - Yossi

Me: I guess they will never but behind the scene fix the issues. Some experiences from the early adopters of the lens

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1273142/0
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1270350/0

It seems that there are issues with Canon 7D & 1D Mark IV bodies for tracking moving subjects. Newer bodies like Canon 5D3, 6D, 70D seems to be
...Show more

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:20 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

I also phoned B&H asking about this problem and asking how many of their customers had returned the lens. The person I talked to (Oscar, I believe) said he was not aware of the problem and could not say how many had been returned.

Today, I sent them an email asking the same thing, but have not received a reply yet.

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:26 AM
youky63

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Same here in Japan.
Some online shops officially stated that this lens has been temporarily withdrawn from market by the producer until April.
Probably the necessary time to fix AF issue.

Mar 06, 2014 at 06:44 AM
ox0312
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Same here in Japan.
Some online shops officially stated that this lens has been temporarily withdrawn from market by the producer until April.
Probably the necessary time to fix AF issue.

Thanks for the update!! Can you please share the link of one of those online shops?

Mar 06, 2014 at 06:57 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

So glad I wasn't an early adopter. But hopefully this means Tamron is looking into the issues.

Mar 06, 2014 at 10:51 AM
youky63

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

ox0312 wrote:
Thanks for the update!! Can you please share the link of one of those online shops?

Sorry, it looks like the websites updated the information. I saw that notice last Monday, at that time the earliest expectation for delivery I found was beginning of April. Now some sites are indicating end of March.
On my side I ordered mine on amazon.co.jp on Sunday 23rd, 2 days only after it became out of stock. In a way, I got lucky, I should (I hope!!) have an updated version without the AF issue (let's keep hope that's the reason of the shortage).
Bic Camera
納期:3月下旬以降出荷予定 = Will ship within end of March

Mar 06, 2014 at 10:52 AM
DreamInColor

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Tamron 150-600mm for Canon - Delays in the Preorders

Pixel Perfect wrote:
So glad I wasn't an early adopter. But hopefully this means Tamron is looking into the issues.

Early adopter here. I've been very pleased with the performance of my lens thus far with a Canon 6D. I've had good results with a 7D when there's been lots of light. I'm not (yet) a BIF photographer and haven't experienced the AF issues being reported here and elsewhere.

Since we're speculating here… if Tamron is indeed halting production to fix an AF issue, I wonder if the "fix" will be available for those of us who own the original lens. Will it fall into the 6-year warranty?

Mar 06, 2014 at 11:58 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password