FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Snowy visitors

treebeard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Snowy visitors

Cold this morning with snow but I had quite a few visitors around. The Kinglet was all over the place and at one point landed about 5 feet from me for about 10 seconds...he was a little too close for the 300! I had a few male and femal cardinals come by but they saw me so they just stayed in the trees. Processed in LR 5.3. I was a bit lazy adjusting the ISO to get a faster SS.

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:49 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Snowy visitors

Very nice snowy images. Glad to see they know where to find a meal...2nd and 3rd are my pix picks!
Eric

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:03 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Snowy visitors

Nice shots. The blue jay is my favorite. I'll bet the birds are tired of winter too

Birdie

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:04 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Snowy visitors

eyelaser wrote:
Very nice snowy images. Glad to see they know where to find a meal...2nd and 3rd are my pix picks!
Eric

Thanks Eric (corrected). I hung some 16 gauge wire from a tree to a plant hanger on my deck and then hung my homemade suet feeders with the popsicle sticks in the side! I also hung the regular suet cages but with my special suet concoction that I use. At one point I had the Kinglet, a woodpecker and a chickadee on all 3 feeders...it was comical. the squirrels have tried coming down the tree and jumping but they land short and then they tried to come across the wire but it's very thin and they can't balance so they are going nuts!

Edited on Mar 05, 2014 at 04:27 PM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:05 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Snowy visitors

treebeard wrote:
Thanks Birdie. I hung some 16 gauge wire from a tree to a plant hanger on my deck and then hung my homemade suet feeders with the popsicle sticks in the side! I also hung the regular suet cages but with my special suet concoction that I use. At one point I had the Kinglet, a woodpecker and a chickadee on all 3 feeders...it was comical. the squirrels have tried coming down the tree and jumping but they land short and then they tried to come across the wire but it's very thin and they can't balance so they are
...Show more
Hey, I'm not Roberta and she wouldn't be happy to have grown a beard since the morning...thanks for the back story
Eric

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:10 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Snowy visitors

eyelaser wrote:
Hey, I'm not Roberta and she wouldn't be happy to have grown a beard since the morning...thanks for the back story
Eric

Sorry, I must have fat fingered the keyboard again. I have tape all over my fingers from splits in my skin so it really gets in the way sometimes. At least I know you have a beard now!

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:26 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Snowy visitors

lovely little birds Scott

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:29 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Snowy visitors

kmunroe wrote:
lovely little birds Scott

Thanks Kenny. He is around everyday so hopefully the sun will come out before June so I can get some better photos!

Mar 05, 2014 at 07:42 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Snowy visitors

Nice set TB. The jay is my pick.

Mar 05, 2014 at 08:55 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Snowy visitors

KCollett wrote:
Nice set TB. The jay is my pick.

Thanks Ken, I actually like the Jay too. I don't care for them much but I was pleasantly surprised at how colorful they actually are, especially against the green branches and falling snow. I would have liked to get a little faster SS and adjust the aperture but I was afraid of moving the slightest bit due to the Cardinal I was trying to shoot. Of course I was laying against a pile of snow in jeans for over 25 minutes so my rear-end was starting to get cold too!

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:03 PM
ardvorak
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Snowy visitors

Great little bird shots. We, unfortunately (and fortunately, I suppose, given their dispositions) don't really have too many bluejays in my neck of the woods.

Mar 06, 2014 at 10:45 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Snowy visitors

ardvorak wrote:
Great little bird shots. We, unfortunately (and fortunately, I suppose, given their dispositions) don't really have too many bluejays in my neck of the woods.

Yeah, but you get alot of snow don't you?!

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:43 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Snowy visitors

Very good! I like the first two shots best but they all look good. Well, you did miss the focus in the last one, but I forgive you
Keep up the good work
Socrate

Mar 06, 2014 at 03:22 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Snowy visitors

Nicely done Scott ~ Ron

Mar 07, 2014 at 07:11 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Snowy visitors

Shasoc wrote:
Very good! I like the first two shots best but they all look good. Well, you did miss the focus in the last one, but I forgive you
Keep up the good work
Socrate

Thanks Socrate.

Mar 07, 2014 at 07:45 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Snowy visitors

surfnron wrote:
Nicely done Scott ~ Ron

Thank you Ron...it's going to be 45 degrees tomorrow...heat wave!

Mar 07, 2014 at 07:47 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.