Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Renovation is still going on one of the resort golf courses and so I can wander around without fear of being pelted by a Titleist 2! Here are a few from around a lake the borders a few of the fairways. I used to play this course all the time and once even shot 74...but that was before I aimed to lower my photography handicap and now probably couldn't break 90!
Eric

1 PBG

2 PBG with little morsel for the kids

3 Moorhen

4 More Moorhens

5 A little Moorhen

6 One moreHen more

7 Here's a Smooth Billed Ani....no relation to Little Orphan I don't think

8 Puerto Rican Hawk (aka Red Tailed Hawk) surveying the action...un grande crop!

Edited on Mar 05, 2014 at 06:26 PM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:18 PM
DonGut
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Looks like you're still shooting birdies on that course; but no eagles!!! Do you shoot from the golf cart?!! These are certainly diamonds in the rough; or the hazard! Don

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:29 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Great series....but #7 is my pick!

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:31 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Wonderful set Eric. I think you have a Moorhen and not a coot , or at least that is what they call them in these parts Whatever they are, they sure are cute and my favorites.

Birdie

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:15 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

birdied wrote:
Wonderful set Eric. I think you have a Moorhen and not a coot , or at least that is what they call them in these parts Whatever they are, they sure are cute and my favorites.

Birdie

Brain cramp Roberta....of course they are Moorhens...I actually was debating whether they were Common Gallinules...why I thought coots...they were there too is beyond me. Thanks for the correction and the nice words!
Eric

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:25 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

great stuff Eric.. #7 for me

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Yeah, 7 is way cool!! Love the background those needles make, wow! The moorhen looks like a coot that went on a bender The chicks are very coot like, a look only a mother could love. Real nice work Eric, who knew that a golf course would be good for another money sucking hobby

Tim

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:21 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

That was a visual taste treat! Well done Eric. The little moorhens sure are ugly cute.

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:47 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

An excellent set, Eric.
Better to be clubbed in the head by a Titlist 2 that was tee'd off by a slicer than to be hit on the head by a hooker.
OMGoodness- I apologize for that, but I don't know how to deleeeet anything here .
I was struck on the head by the apparent fact that some "vegetarian" bird parents actually feed veggies to their babies.
Is that a common thing in the bird world?
Charlie

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:53 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

DonGut wrote:
Looks like you're still shooting birdies on that course; but no eagles!!! Do you shoot from the golf cart?!! These are certainly diamonds in the rough; or the hazard! Don

Thanks Don...I had almost as much fun shooting these birdies as I did when I played well...in fact I once had 2 eagles on the hole I was shooting these from in one day...it was the only time I ever reached the green in two in many many rounds and sank both eagle putts. And, no golf cart, carry both my camera and golf bag unless they tell me I can't.
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:03 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

treebeard wrote:
Great series....but #7 is my pick!

Thanks, and Ani says thank you as well
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:04 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

kmunroe wrote:
great stuff Eric.. #7 for me

Thanks Kenny...got lucky on that tree and background.
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:04 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Tim Kuhn wrote:
Yeah, 7 is way cool!! Love the background those needles make, wow! The moorhen looks like a coot that went on a bender The chicks are very coot like, a look only a mother could love. Real nice work Eric, who knew that a golf course would be good for another money sucking hobby

Tim

Thanks Tim...I used to think golf was expensive until I started doing more and more photography. Even getting new irons every couple of years seems cheap compared to L lenses and the newest DSLR.
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:06 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

KCollett wrote:
That was a visual taste treat! Well done Eric. The little moorhens sure are ugly cute.

Ken, thanks so much...yes those are as ugly as they are cute and I did love seeing them interact with the parents.
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:07 AM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

The Moorhens series is really sweet, Eric. #7 though tops them all
Socrate

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:11 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Charlie Shugart wrote:
An excellent set, Eric.
Better to be clubbed in the head by a Titlist 2 that was tee'd off by a slicer than to be hit on the head by a hooker.
OMGoodness- I apologize for that, but I don't know how to deleeeet anything here .
I was struck on the head by the apparent fact that some "vegetarian" bird parents actually feed veggies to their babies.
Is that a common thing in the bird world?
Charlie

Just remember you can talk to a hook but not a slice..I know as I used to be a hooker and became a drawer...not a chest of drawers or Jon Nagy ...oh never mind!
I suspect the parents have read that veggies are much better for you and keep the cholesterol down but fish oils are also important so maybe they do both depending on the day of the week or what's fresh in the market.
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:11 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Shasoc wrote:
The Moorhens series is really sweet, Eric. #7 though tops them all
Socrate

Thanks Socrate...I was pretty stoked when I saw how that came out. I was looking for an Ani but never expected to find one where I did....pretty cooperative little bird.
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:12 AM
Michael Rucci
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

A 74? Pretty good. How many mulligans? And that s off the ladies tees right? I love that little hen chick TFS.

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:34 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Michael Rucci wrote:
A 74? Pretty good. How many mulligans? And that s off the ladies tees right? I love that little hen chick TFS.

Thanks Michael and unlike on my camera where I can and do regularly hit the delete button, everything counts on the golf course And I've occasionally hit from the ladies tee, unfortunately it would be my second shot (and you know what that means-"rules is rules" )
Eric

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:19 PM
psharvic
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Golf course closed...but still lots of birdies to be had

Nice work on these, Eric. The first PBG is excellent. The secret is out, golf course ponds are a great place to find birds somewhat acclimated to people. I've found that some golfbags (older Hoofers, e.g.) make a great tripod carrier.
Not sure why the birding leadership changes bird names but I think Moorhens are now Common Gallinules.

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:49 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password