New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Shooting Nikon now....

TooManyShots
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Shooting Nikon now....

CanadaMark wrote:
That sounds a bit light on power for photo work - 6-7 years old. Things have come a long way since then, might be worth an upgrade.

The system seems fine with CS5 and Canon DDP software... In fact, CS5 (camera raw) can real the NEF files. I may just have to use CS5 instead to edit the NEF files.

Mar 05, 2014 at 07:29 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Shooting Nikon now....

johnctharp wrote:
Definitely worth an upgrade- I'm surprised Nikon's software functions reasonably at all with larger files; Lightroom would crap the bed .

It turns out to be my 1.6tb WD hard drive acting up...signs of hard drive failure imminent.

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:39 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Shooting Nikon now....

"Toomanyshots" sure sounds preferable to "Teemanymartoonis".

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:13 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Shooting Nikon now....

TooManyShots wrote:
Well, after shooting Canon for the past 5 years from XTI to 1dmarkIII and even owning the 500L f4 IS mark 1 for few years, I have grown tired of Canon. All of their bodies are unremarkable up to 70D, mainly the antiquated AF system they use. Since I sold all of my L lenses, I made the switch to Nikon with the D7000. I haven't have much chance to do some test shots because I am still waiting for my 35 f1.8g lens to arrive. I think it is a good change and very refreshing. I never understand why
...Show more

Is there any point to this post, other than to give us a good laugh?

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:25 AM
euua
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Shooting Nikon now....

Never understood meaning of this post as well - funny for sure !

molson wrote:
Is there any point to this post, other than to give us a good laugh?

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:51 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Shooting Nikon now....

TooManyShots wrote:
It turns out to be my 1.6tb WD hard drive acting up...signs of hard drive failure imminent.

Invest in a good SSD. They are VERY cheap. Put all your applications on it (CS5, windows, etc.) and all storage data on traditional HDD's. That is the single largest improvement you could make to your computer, if you had to do one thing. In fact in the last 10+ years, I can't think of a single upgrade that does more for performance than the SSD. HDD's are unbelievably slow, and have been the weakest link in computers for ages. $100-150 will breathe a lot of life back into that machine, and you'll love the 15 second start ups and instant-everything. I recommend Intel (520,530,730) or Crucial drives (M4 or M500), they are consistently the best. Samsung is pretty good too (830/840).

Mar 06, 2014 at 11:07 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.