Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

tell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Has anyone worked with both? I currently have Fotofusion, but would like to know if Album Builder has any advantages worth the $ and learning curve to switch. I know I can download Album Builder as a trial, I'm just hoping someone here has already evaluated both and has an opinion.
Thanks,
Tell

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

I haven't used Fotofusion, but I do have the new Album Builder and it rocks.

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:46 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Scott I think it was you that posted in the smart albums thread mentioning liking Fundy. I just downloaded the trial and you are correct it rocks! I love albums, but almost hated to sell one due to the time I had to put into them designing them. What a time saver it seems to be. I was going to wait for a Smart Album PC version to try it but I really don't see why now, Thanks for the tip!

Oh I was using photojunction to design with. Haven't tried Fotofusion

Greg

Mar 04, 2014 at 06:29 PM
awad
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Smartalbums>*

http://www.pixellu.com/

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:06 PM
Njphotostudio
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

I have fundy version 5. Upgraded to version 6 from day one last month. The new version six is way easier to work with and many more options. Like Scott says, it rocks

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:26 PM
Curtiss Bryant
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

I was going to wait for smart albums on PC but I emailed customer service a few weeks ago and was told there were no current plans or an estimated date for a PC version, so I tried Fundy last week and bought it saturday during thr sale..

It is much better than Fotofusion, however Fotofusion is easier to customize the layouts, but takes much longer to design. I really like the new Fundy album builder

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:32 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

I got Fotofusion a couple years ago..hated it. Switched to indesign, which was good, but required me to think to much and took me too long. Just got Fundy, it rocks!

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:47 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

We also bought Fundy v6 over the weekend. My album designer (and wife) had been using InDesign, and really loves Fundy. She designed a 10 spread guest book in about 10 minutes.

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Smartalbums biggest mistake was not introducing a PC version. I think they underestimated the PC market.

Mar 04, 2014 at 11:59 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Inku Yo wrote:
Smartalbums biggest mistake was not introducing a PC version. I think they underestimated the PC market.

agree....huge oversight. I think they are going to lose a lot of the market share because of this.

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

I have an album i need to design in the up coming week... will need to check out the Fundy option.

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:17 AM
awad
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Inku Yo wrote:

Completely agree.

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:33 AM
tell
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Thank you for all the replies. Looks like I should take the time to at least try the demo.

Mar 05, 2014 at 07:46 AM
skiboarder72
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

I've been happy with Photojunction, and you can't beat the price!

Mar 05, 2014 at 08:38 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

tell wrote:
Thank you for all the replies. Looks like I should take the time to at least try the demo.

I found a webinar video on youtube for V6 and watched it. It is not hard to use out of the box, but watching the video cut down the learning curve so I could dive right in.

My biggest mistake was I downloaded it over the weekend to try and after spending time watching the video and trying it outby the time I went to buy it Monday the price had gone up some $50 or so dollars. I decided to go ahead and finish my project before paying for it now. I hate it when I miss a sale by one day

Mar 05, 2014 at 08:40 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

g-money wrote:
My biggest mistake was I downloaded it over the weekend to try and after spending time watching the video and trying it outby the time I went to buy it Monday the price had gone up some $50 or so dollars. I decided to go ahead and finish my project before paying for it now. I hate it when I miss a sale by one day

I don't recall it being obvious on their web site that the sale was ending on the 28th, but we got an email stating that and pulled the trigger in time to get the discount. Maybe they have a WPPI promo code? Anyway, it's a great tool that will pay for itself in time saved after a few albums.

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:24 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

johnrg wrote:
I don't recall it being obvious on their web site that the sale was ending on the 28th, but we got an email stating that and pulled the trigger in time to get the discount. Maybe they have a WPPI promo code? Anyway, it's a great tool that will pay for itself in time saved after a few albums.

No John it wasn't to me either. I knew it was discounted, but didn't see an expire date so I didn't get in a hurry. Oh well.

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:28 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

Does FUndy have any benefits of using the designer for say Millers signature albums? I currently use their Album designer and its not hard to use but feels like it takes a while. I downloaded the fundy trial and I dont feel like I am seeing a big difference.

Does anyone even use millers for albums?

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:08 PM
tell
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

After using Fundy Album Builder for 2 hours today, here are my feelings. Album Builder is far more intuitive and faster to design with than Fotofusion. Fotofusion has WAY more bells and whistles with regards to frames, text, and custom color selection. I feel good about owning both.

Mar 11, 2014 at 02:53 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fundy Album Builder vs. Lumapix Fotofusion

nextelbuddy wrote:
Does FUndy have any benefits of using the designer for say Millers signature albums? I currently use their Album designer and its not hard to use but feels like it takes a while. I downloaded the fundy trial and I dont feel like I am seeing a big difference.

Does anyone even use millers for albums?

I haven't used the Millers albums, but I can see you can design for them in Fundy.

Mar 11, 2014 at 03:18 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.