1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2014 · 20,000 Posts!

KCollett
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 20,000 Posts!

canon.eos30d wrote:
Congrats o your 20K post, Ken. I did learn a lot from you, my friend. Love your second image a lot.

- Tam

Thank you kindly Tam! When looking for visual inspiration, I only have to check your posts. I hope to reach that level one day. I really like the orb weaver image myself. One of those things you see that looks good, and translates well onto "film".
- Ken

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:51 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 20,000 Posts!

ScottHM wrote:
20K...Wow...that's a lot of posts, and a lot of pictures, I've enjoyed the shots I've seen from you, and your comments on mine. Love that second shot too. Let's see you go for another 20k

I only wish I had more time to do proper commenting on other people's post. I often feel like I'm not saying everything I'd like to. Thank you very much for you positive comments here Scott, and on my other posts (critiques are good too). I don't plan on going anywhere, so another 20k may be attainable.

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:54 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 20,000 Posts!

tfoltz wrote:
Ken congratulations on 20K, time sure does fly

-Tim

Thanks Tim. Your top-notch imagery keeps me coming back for more, so thanks for being an active and positive contributor.

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:40 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 20,000 Posts!

Scott Stoness wrote:
Congratulations. Thanks for all your encouragement over the years. Scott

Many thanks Scott. I sure wish I had your patience and willingness go get up early. Your shots of moose, wolves, bears and other critters of the Rockies are encouraging and make for enjoyable viewing. And your Arctic images are still etched on my mind. Looking forward to more.

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:44 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 20,000 Posts!

kmunroe wrote:
congratulations Ken.. congrats on the lovely set also

Thank you kindly Kenny. My hope is to one day get a KF or eagle shot as good as one of yours! I appreciate you extending your congratulations.

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:46 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 20,000 Posts!

IdahoBob wrote:
My hat is off to you! I always look forward to your posts and comments.

~Bob

Why, thank you Bob! The pics are not always perfect, but I still enjoy the process from start to end (including posting). I appreciate that you are willing to have a look and comment, and the reverse too. It is always fun to see what others, like yourself, have to offer in the way of images, advice, or anecdotes.
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:49 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 20,000 Posts!

eyelaser wrote:
Ken, big congrats on 20K. It has been a real pleasure viewing your posts that are often as informative as they are well photographed. You have been an integral part of this forum for quite a while now...although I can't figure how you have 20% more posts than I in less than 1/2 the time But in any event, keep it up and looking forward to more milestone posts and those in between as well.
Eric

Merci Eric! You, and a number of other FMers have really made me rethink my travel priorities. Africa, through your lens, is inviting, exotic, and rewarding. And you take such super cat images! The love shows. Getting a few images of that quality would make any trip worthwhile. As you noted, I try to be a bit informative too. You're a good model in that respect too. Your posts are enjoyable on all fronts, which is what keeps people, me included, coming back to the forum for more.

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:56 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 20,000 Posts!

Tim Kuhn wrote:
Congrats on the milestone Ken

Ken you have become a very valuable member of this forum and it has been pleasure having you around. You have come a long way in your short time here. You have listened to the sound advice that has been offered and it shows in your work. I look forward to seeing your images and to read your comments. 20k is a lot, that means you have been a dedicated member, your comments on others shots far out weigh your postings. The forum needs more caring members such as yourself. A very heartfelt congrats
...Show more

I sincerely appreciate the kind words Tim. I trust your judgement and respect your work a lot, so the suggestions you offer for improvement carry that much extra weight. Now, if I could only put them into practice more routinely . Thinking before, during, and after shooting is an active part of the process now, and that comes from seeing the results of the great photographers on this forum, and also from keeping their suggestions and points of view (artistically speaking) in mind. Thanks for the ongoing support and encouragement (even for my more offbeat posts), and the odd (gentle) knock upside the head.
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:00 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 20,000 Posts!

kaycephoto wrote:
congrats Ken! i hope to get there (someday) & i definitely echo Tim's sentiments above - FM is great because of members such as yourself,

Kevin

Many thanks Kevin! Ultimately, you are more likely to get what you want out of life if you are willing to put in the effort to listen, learn, practice, and then practice some more. And repeat many times over. You will get there, and the folks on the forum will certainly assist in goal achievement. I appreciate that you have a look at my posts, and take the time to comment. Cheers!
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:05 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 20,000 Posts!

ardvorak wrote:
Congratulations, Ken! You are one of the great keystones of our community.

Here's to 40,000!

Thank you sir!! And thanks for the beer too! As long as you're hanging out here, you'll see me doing the same. I appreciate your positive comments.

- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:07 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 20,000 Posts!

APagephoto wrote:
Congrats!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment APagephoto. Before you know it, you'll have thousands of posts too.
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:08 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 20,000 Posts!

Ted ellis wrote:
Outstanding Ken. I look forward to your images and your comments. Congrats on the milestone.

Ted

Thanks so much Ted! I know I can count on you for some good photo viewing, and I appreciate that you take the time to view and comment on the posts I put up. So thanks for that also. Very much appreciated!
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:11 PM
WesN
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 20,000 Posts!

Ken - congrats on the 20K! Always nice to see your photos.

Wes N.

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:13 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 20,000 Posts!

DonGut wrote:
You are tough to keep up to!! I'll have to try harder. Love your stuff and your different posts such as this spider. Don

Well Don, you'll have to specify what's hard to keep up with. Photo talent, smarts, and wit - those you're miles ahead on. Quantity of posts - I may have the lead there, but only because I like to talk (well, type). I always look forward to what you have to say, and what you have to post. Thanks, and keep giving us the opportunity to see your work,
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:15 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 20,000 Posts!

Edward Rotberg wrote:
Congrats Ken!

= Ed =

Kind of you to share a beer Ed! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to offer your "congrats". You've posted some really nice images on F&W. Looking forward to being able to comment on more of them (after all, each one is a notch on the post count ). Cheers!
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:18 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · 20,000 Posts!

brian_sp wrote:
great images Ken and congrats on the 20,000!

Many thanks Brian. Glad you enjoyed the images (and perhaps some of the others I've put up too). It is always good to hear from you, and thank you also for the "congrats". Very much appreciated.

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:20 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · 20,000 Posts!

KCollett wrote:
Thanks so much Ted! I know I can count on you for some good photo viewing, and I appreciate that you take the time to view and comment on the posts I put up. So thanks for that also. Very much appreciated!
- Ken

my pleasure Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:20 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · 20,000 Posts!

Martin Good wrote:
Congrats Ken on reaching the 20k and on your wonderful photography.
It's been a real pleasure viewing your work and exchanging comments and critique.
Glad I got back to see you reach this milestone.
Cheers,
Martin

I'm glad you got back too Martin! It is always a treat to read your points of view on my pics. And, of course, it is good to see your work post to the forum as well. Thank you for the kind words and the congrats. Hitting 20,000 seems easy when you are simply giving some feedback on the great images that you, and others, share with me.
-Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:23 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · 20,000 Posts!

Plinian wrote:
Ken, the currency of the FM N&W forum is measured not only in the number of posts but also their content...you've got a lot in the bank!

In the relatively short time I've been around, I've come to appreciate your commitment, your love for and knowledge of nature (animals, but especially plant life), your great photography, and your positive attitude.

Here's to the next 20K!

Oh yeah, images! The orb weaver is my favorite in this set...great composition, perfect focus!

Greg

You're making be blush Greg! These kind words mean a lot coming from you. The passion and quality you bring to the forum improves its overall level of excellence a fair bit. And since I hang out here a lot, I really appreciate it. And it makes it that much easier to hit those milestones. As for the orb weaver, I quite like it too. There are a few things about it that appeal to me, so thanks for noticing. Cheers Greg!
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:31 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · 20,000 Posts!

teked wrote:
Congrats, Ken. That's an awful lot of keystrokes.

Ed

You've got a fair number of posts yourself Ed. Thank you very much for taking the time to make this one. I value all the feedback and views I receive, so thank you also for your participation in that. Looking forward to more interchanges.
- Ken

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:33 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.