Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Lady Lacrosse

CW100
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lady Lacrosse

a few from a college lacrosse game this past weekend

the rest at www.flickr.com/photos/cnu_sports

Christopher Newport University Randolph-Macon College Womens Lacrosse by cnu_sports, on Flickr

Christopher Newport University Randolph-Macon College Womens Lacrosse CNU Virginia Va. Newport News LAX HRlax by cnu_sports, on Flickr

Lacrosse Christopher Newport University CNU Randolph-Macon College Womens women's by cnu_sports, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:47 PM
skipchang

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Lady Lacrosse

My daughter just started playing lacrosse this year for her High School team. I would like to be able to take similar pictures of her in action. What focal length would be appropriate for this type of action? I do have 70-200 f/2.8 that I used for her former sports (gymnastics).

Thanks,
Skip

Mar 04, 2014 at 02:21 PM
rcm123
• •
p.1 #3 · Lady Lacrosse

Skip, the 70-200 f/2.8 is perfect for youth lacrosse (and soccer, footbal, field hockey, etc.). It will allow you to capture great images over about 75% of the field from the sidelines. For action that moves in close, I generally have a 16-35 on a second body. If you try to shoot diagonally across the field, you really need a 400mm, but if you are allowed to move around along the perimeter of the field, that's a non-issue. Rich

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:06 PM
skipchang

p.1 #4 · Lady Lacrosse

Thanks for your insight Rich. I will be able to roam around the field on my daughter's game. I'll give it a shot this week -- her first game :-).

Mar 04, 2014 at 07:45 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Lady Lacrosse

#1 & 2 are the stronger images. #1 too much clipping on the feet.

Ted

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

CW100
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Lady Lacrosse

skipchang wrote:
My daughter just started playing lacrosse this year for her High School team. I would like to be able to take similar pictures of her in action. What focal length would be appropriate for this type of action? I do have 70-200 f/2.8 that I used for her former sports (gymnastics).

Thanks,
Skip

that'll work. I used a 100-400 for those pics, most were from 200mm to 300mm

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:33 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Lady Lacrosse

+1 Ted's comment...can't wait, we'll be delayed w/ all the snow on the ground up here.

Chris

Mar 07, 2014 at 04:13 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Lady Lacrosse

Aqualung wrote:
+1 Ted's comment...can't wait, we'll be delayed w/ all the snow on the ground up here.

Chris

tilted pics = cut off feet ---- gotta work on getting the horizons straight SOOC
hope we have seen the last of the snow in Virginia

Mar 09, 2014 at 10:20 PM
skipchang

p.1 #9 · Lady Lacrosse

Went to my daughter's first lacrosse game today. 70-200 just didn't have the reach I wanted. I may need to go something longer. What do you all think of 70-300?

Thanks,
Skip

Mar 11, 2014 at 04:51 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Lady Lacrosse

skipchang wrote:
Went to my daughter's first lacrosse game today. 70-200 just didn't have the reach I wanted. I may need to go something longer. What do you all think of 70-300?

Skip

the "L" version of the 70-300 is good but for the longer shots just crop your 70-200 2.8 pics

Mar 11, 2014 at 09:17 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password