Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Anyone shot Birds in Flight with a Canon 6D ?

Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone shot Birds in Flight with a Canon 6D ?

Well If you have fast enough shutter speeds, and these were 1/2000, I can't see what else it was. This was a few times in the same place at the same time of day, on different days.
I'll try it with the IS off next time, see If there's a change.
I don't care as long as the images are sharp.

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:41 PM
coppertop
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone shot Birds in Flight with a Canon 6D ?

Curious. Could Canon improve the AF performance on the 6D with a firmware update or is it solely a hardware issue?

Mar 06, 2014 at 03:03 PM
caspase8

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone shot Birds in Flight with a Canon 6D ?

coppertop wrote:
Curious. Could Canon improve the AF performance on the 6D with a firmware update or is it solely a hardware issue?

Great question, can some one comment. If this is achievable, many will jump to buy Canon 6D

Mar 11, 2014 at 02:35 PM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anyone shot Birds in Flight with a Canon 6D ?

Its a great camera from what I've seen so far, that would make it a great camera for just about anything you might need.

Mar 11, 2014 at 04:22 PM
AnthonyRay
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Anyone shot Birds in Flight with a Canon 6D ?

caspase8 wrote:
Great question, can some one comment. If this is achievable, many will jump to buy Canon 6D

How could they improve the performance with firmware?

I'm not an engineer, but as far as I know the sensor is a physical device. With only a single f5.6 cross point sensor in the middle (and additional f2.8 vertical sensitive sensor), and 10 other f5.6 horizontal sensitive sensors, that's all she wrote! I don't know what Canon could possibly do to improve the AF performance at least significantly - perhaps they could improve the sensitivity but that would be about it.

On paper it stinks (almost drove me to Nikon ), in practice it's pretty darned good. But, I have absolutely run across times when I swear everything is wrong for the outlying sensors.

For AI, I've found directly approaching or leaving objects tough to track. And, the fps is pretty sad too - I'd say much worse than my 60D. Still, I love the camera and what it does right is pretty sweet.

Mar 11, 2014 at 09:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password