Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Little League Baseball

P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Little League Baseball

I actually didn't think the night shots were all that bad. It's just we are so used to seeing such clean shots nowadays with these camera bodies that the days of noise at 6400 are long gone and who knows what tomorrow will bring with the D4s, which I hear is amazing. I think the artifacts on the night shots are mostly a manifestation of the posting size. Back in the day, posting sizes were limited to 600 px on the longest side. With sizes now at 850 px and longer, the imperfections on high rez monitors can be seen more easily.

Anyway Brett... you have a nice set here. You have a good eye for the game. The timing just needs to be tweaked here and there on some shots, but overall, you have caught action and faces. Looking forward to seeing your work throughout the season.

Mar 09, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Brett Braden

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Little League Baseball

Thanks, Paul. That's encouraging. I still plan to stick with just the D4 to get the noise down as much as possible. As far as peak action, that's always something I have a hard time choosing with when I have multiple shot sequences that have different good qualities. For example, the shot with the best facial expression on the shortstop tagging a sliding runner may not be the shot that captures the perfect peak moment in terms of the sliding/tagging action and ball location. How do you choose between them?

Mar 10, 2014 at 04:36 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Little League Baseball

Brett Braden wrote:
Thanks, Paul. That's encouraging. I still plan to stick with just the D4 to get the noise down as much as possible. As far as peak action, that's always something I have a hard time choosing with when I have multiple shot sequences that have different good qualities. For example, the shot with the best facial expression on the shortstop tagging a sliding runner may not be the shot that captures the perfect peak moment in terms of the sliding/tagging action and ball location. How do you choose between them?

You sell both shots to the parent and be done with it...

Mar 10, 2014 at 08:58 PM
Brett Braden

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Little League Baseball

Of course.

Mar 11, 2014 at 05:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

iaent

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Little League Baseball

D800/D4 at 6400ISO? very noisy pics, a full frame should exhibit lower noise at 6400, atleast 5DIII has very low noise compared to d800.
Amazing action captured though.

Mar 11, 2014 at 08:18 AM
Brett Braden

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Little League Baseball

The noisy night shots were actually with a D7000 at 6400. I was switching back and forth between FX and DX bodies and I didn't realize the only night shots I had posted were from the D7000.

Mar 11, 2014 at 04:11 PM
wiens51G

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Little League Baseball

nice action shots

Gerald

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
maxxxL

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Little League Baseball

Very nice shots!!!

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:43 AM