New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Newbie LR5 Question

JMYphotos

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Newbie LR5 Question

Just switched to LR5 and I have a quick question. I'm not sure of terminology but once something is edited in the "Selective adjustment" area how do you later find the "Button" or "Pin-drop" of that edited area? Not sure what it is called to search for?

Hopefully that makes sense lol

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:34 PM
Mirek Elsner
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Newbie LR5 Question

If you click the tool again (eg. the Adjustment Brush) it will show large grey dots in the image that represent the adjustments.

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:48 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Newbie LR5 Question

In the Develop module, the existing pins should appear whenever you enter brush mode, and the painted area should appear when you hover over one of the pins.

In practice, there've been bugs involving this feature since it was introduced. Restarting Lightroom will resolve it if either of those things absolutely won't appear.

If even restarting doesn't fix it, make sure "Show Adjustment Pins:" underneath the image didn't get set to "Never".

Edited on Mar 02, 2014 at 09:56 PM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Mitchell Carter
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Newbie LR5 Question

What colinm said, plus: Select various options under Menu > Tools > Tools Overlay

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:55 PM
JMYphotos

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Newbie LR5 Question

Is there a way for it to be accidentally hidden or turned off? It worked just like that for the first few edits I did but now nothing shows up. I assumed it was something under "View" but I'm not sure what the gray dots or circles or pin-drops are called in LR.
Jeff

Mirek Elsner wrote:
If you click the tool again (eg. the Adjustment Brush) it will show large grey dots in the image that represent the adjustments.

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:55 PM
JMYphotos

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Newbie LR5 Question

Never thought about shutting it down to fix it but it's worth a try. Going to try that now. Thanks,
Jeff

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:58 PM
JMYphotos

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Newbie LR5 Question

"Always Show" did the trick. Oddly "Show selected" didn't but they are back so thanks for the info!
Jeff

Mitchell Carter wrote:
What colinm said, plus: Select various options under Menu > Tools > Tools Overlay

Mar 02, 2014 at 10:08 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Newbie LR5 Question

Also, toggle the H key--hide.

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:54 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.