New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · The locker room

JaneG
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The locker room

Hi

I went to see the David Bailey 'Star dust' exhibition in London yesterday, which was really fabulous. However contrived the images may have actually been, it was striking how the portraits seemed to feel effortless and unpretentious,with a real sense of style. It was a very personal exhibition as Bailey had curated the exhibition himself, some series of images were not as successful as others, which was touching in a way that he wasn't afraid to show a variety of his work. If you can make it down to London to see the exhibition, I definitely recommend a visit.

So, from David Bailey, to my portrait, a rather large leap but I was inspired to find more interesting subjects to shoot, and this gentleman in the locker room of the portrait gallery really stuck out from the crowd. I liked his long lean, gawky appearance, large glasses, turned up jeans and classic shoes with his little camera around his neck. The i phone meant I could sneak a few shots, but he caught me snapping at this point, but the eye contact worked well here.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/JaneGoodall/TheLockerroom800px_zps32271899.jpg

best wishes

Jane

Mar 02, 2014 at 07:10 AM
sidefunk
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The locker room

Can't quite out my finger on why, but i really like this shot. I agree this looks like an interesting character and the composition is very pleasing. But there is something else there that is very appealing about this image. Very nice work.

Mar 02, 2014 at 08:48 AM
Prevelige
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The locker room

Did he then ask why you were shooting pictures? It's an interesting shot, and somehow compelling.

Bob

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:20 AM
JaneG
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The locker room

Prevelige wrote:
Did he then ask why you were shooting pictures? It's an interesting shot, and somehow compelling.

Bob

No, he looked momentarily but didn't ask me what I was doing. Good job it isn't France where you need permission to take someone's photograph.

Jane

Mar 02, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The locker room

Good one, Jane. I like it for his expression. Or is it the composition a big part of it? Or maybe the nice contrast with the background.

Is the exhibition a permanent one or just for a limited period of time?

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:27 AM
JaneG
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The locker room

The exhibition is on till June 1stz

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:52 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.