Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

-40 degree bridal shoot

CareyNash
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · -40 degree bridal shoot

So yesterday was the single coldest bridal shoot I have ever done. Like all of my mountain weddings I certainly want to make sure that the bride and groom have the mountains in the images, they did travel to see them on their wedding.

The weather during the day about -35 with the windchill in the lower townsite area,so where did I take them? I took them to the highest pass which overlooks the valley. As we got to this spot I got out of my truck, walked to the point where the wind was howling and moving me backwards, I think I saw Tauntaun up there and he looked cold.

I was fully winterized with a winter jacket, toque (wool cap ), boots and gloves and immediately shook my head and ran back to their suv. I laughed and said to them, "This is a bad idea and it's waaay waaay to cold!" They both looked at me and said" Let's do it!". What was I going to say to that, I'm too cold?lol This was the result of a minute long shoot atop the peak. She is very pleased and I think that she should get a trophy for braving that cold!

Mar 01, 2014 at 11:35 PM
MRomine
• • •
p.1 #2 · -40 degree bridal shoot

-35 plus wind chill that is serially dangerous temps! Cool photo, no cold photo!

Mar 02, 2014 at 01:23 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #3 · -40 degree bridal shoot

Mountains... people either LOVE them or they wonder what makes other people love them. Being a PEAKBAGGER, I love 'em!

Were I the groom, this would've been the highlight of the day closely behind the vows. We would've warmed up in the SUV, then begged you to shoot for a 2nd minute.

Mar 02, 2014 at 03:07 AM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · -40 degree bridal shoot

I cant even imagine....my Ft. Lauderdale wedding tonight dropped down to about 72f...and the outdoor restaurants close by had their gas heaters on for the guests...lol. Brrrrrr!!

Mar 02, 2014 at 04:39 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #5 · -40 degree bridal shoot

Very cool as is the podcast... which I have started listening to.

I have to admit the hair is her face is bothersome.

Otherwise I salute this lady for braving the elements!

Mar 02, 2014 at 01:56 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · -40 degree bridal shoot

Love the mountains and love cold temps
Come to CO and we can rock and roll sometime!

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:39 AM
DblDrgn
• •
p.1 #7 · -40 degree bridal shoot

That's insane.

Also it makes me glad that we have our "weather rule" for styled/engagement shoots... be above 55 degrees and not windy, or we'll try to reschedule.

Mar 04, 2014 at 02:26 PM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #8 · -40 degree bridal shoot

DblDrgn wrote:
That's insane.

Also it makes me glad that we have our "weather rule" for styled/engagement shoots... be above 55 degrees and not windy, or we'll try to reschedule.

Most of us Canadians would have to take 6 months off of work to follow that rule!lol

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · -40 degree bridal shoot

damn thats an awesome and beautiful image. Love the tones and the grain. Kudos to you and them for braving that chilly weather.

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:02 PM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #10 · -40 degree bridal shoot

thats an awesome shot!

cool that she was willing to do it to it!

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:19 PM
CareyNash
• • •
p.1 #11 · -40 degree bridal shoot

truehuss wrote:
thats an awesome shot!

cool that she was willing to do it to it!

She insisted!lol My wife and often talk about it and the fact that it's wonderful when the couple trusts us (photographers) and has enough adrenaline on the wedding day to go anywhere. It's a pretty wonderful part of our job that we may not see that attitude had it not been such a monumental day in their lives. Any other day and they'd say no I'm sure.

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:52 AM
eephoto
• •
p.1 #12 · -40 degree bridal shoot

I wish...wish...wish her hair wasn't blowing in her face like that, because I don't think it helped her expression (probably the cold didn't help either). but I do love how you set it up against that backdrop. That's just awesome. I agree the groom in the photo would have been awesome! Maybe he could've helped block the wind.

I'm curious what that is in front of her? initially I thought it was an ipad, but now I'm thinking it's a plaque maybe?

Mar 08, 2014 at 03:15 PM
bcguy
• •
p.1 #13 · -40 degree bridal shoot

That's one great photo. I hope she likes it!

Mar 09, 2014 at 04:34 PM
matt.parker

p.1 #14 · -40 degree bridal shoot

I thought it was bad shooting at 20. Very, very nice capture there.

Mar 11, 2014 at 05:30 PM
MattSepeta
• • •
p.1 #15 · -40 degree bridal shoot

Highly awesome photo. Would have liekd to see some more of her face, but whatcanyado?!

Mar 11, 2014 at 07:15 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password