Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · L&D 14 fish launch made my local news this morning in Indianapolis

amyandmark3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · L&D 14 fish launch made my local news this morning in Indianapolis

Ok, these are just crappy cell phone pics of my TV, but I thought the guys out that way would enjoy knowing they made the (not so) local news 6 hours away. The newscasters were quite amused and thought it looked like fun. They also made sure to point out that this was only legal if buying the fish from the proper sources for the health of the BE's.

I haven't been to L&D14 for a few years, so while I think I know who 1 or 2 of these people are, I'm not able to 100% accurately ID anyone. Feel free to name names if you recognize people.

For people near me in Indy, this was on the Fox 59 news around 8:55am this morning.

Mark

Mar 01, 2014 at 09:32 AM
EJphotos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · L&D 14 fish launch made my local news this morning in Indianapolis

Haha, launching the fish off the slingshot looks fun.

Mar 01, 2014 at 09:42 AM
BNJarrett
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · L&D 14 fish launch made my local news this morning in Indianapolis

LarryT from Michigan in photos 2, 3, and 4

Mar 01, 2014 at 10:39 AM
larryt
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · L&D 14 fish launch made my local news this morning in Indianapolis

Yes it's fun but I made the slingshot out of necessity. I can't throw the fish because of a back injury years ago and the launcher gets the fish out into the current and away from the edge of the walk. I think the Eagles love it too. A couple of years ago there was a shortage of Gizzard Shad and as soon as I shot a fish an Eagle would fly off his perch before I could get back to my camera. A few people have copied my Idea. Some worked and most who have tried, the contraption didn't. Just recently there has been an interest by the media to cover the feeding of Eagles. We have been doing this for many years and with no apparent behavior effect on the Eagles. Happy shooting all.
larryt

Mar 01, 2014 at 02:18 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · L&D 14 fish launch made my local news this morning in Indianapolis

i prefer the old fashion way.....no baiting.

Ted

Mar 04, 2014 at 09:53 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.