Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · FS: Leica M8 Anti-Panda black paint, black dot body

ICE B1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Leica M8 Anti-Panda black paint, black dot body

Leica M8 Anti-Panda black paint, black dot body

Available

Price: $2,499.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS insured Priority Mail

For sale, my late model Leica M8 black paint Anti-Panda body. This body is one of 100 produced at the end of the M8's production run in late 2008. I have read that the number of M8 anti-panda bodies varies from 100 to 320+/-. I don't think there were any other M8s in black paint. The M8.2 was available in BP, but not the M8. I hate the word "rare" because everything listed for sale this days seems to be "rare." In this case, however, the numbers are fairly well documented... so this body is, in fact, rare. The body has 11102 activations as of this morning. It is definitely not a shelf queen, and it isn't in "Like New" condition, but it has been lovingly cared for and is in excellent condition, both cosmetically and operationally. It works exactly as intended at the factory. The rangefinder/viewfinder is right on the money, the framelines and rangefinder patches are bright and contrasty, and the images this camera makes are gorgeous.

Here's a small sample of images I took with the camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roger_h/sets/72157632391187537/. Here are 23 Hi-Res images of the camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roger_h/sets/72157639213516983/ The black and white images this camera produces are amazing and are very close to the equal of the M Monochrom. The colors produced by the sensor in the M8 are the equal of the M9, M9P or M240, and the M8 and M8.2 share the same Kodak sensor. In order to produce that amazing color, the M8 does require a UV/IR cut filter over the lens.

Please look very carefully at the photos in this listing. I've tried to show the camera and properly and accurately document its condition. There are two pieces of dust under the Giottos Schott glass cover and perhaps a smudge or partial fingerprint. I installed the Schott glass cover after I purchased the camera, so there may be some very minor marks on the plastic cover for the LCD. The Schott glass has been on the camera since I purchased it though. Most of brassing is bag wear. The camera has never been dropped, banged or abused in any way. I have used it primarily as a vacation camera actually. My M9P and M4-Ps are my commercial workhorse cameras.

The body comes with a body cap, the original inner box it was shipped with, a battery, an after-market charger, and an original Leica strap. I'm sorry but I don't have any of the other accessories/books it might have come with new, or the outer box for it.

I am selling this body only because I'm taking my photography into a different direction and I need to fund the purchase of some medium format film equipment. Make me an offer!

© ICE B1 2014

Leica M8 anti-panda black paint body

© ICE B1 2014

© ICE B1 2014

Feb 28, 2014 at 06:29 PM
Rp55113

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Leica M8 Anti-Panda black paint, black dot body

Beautiful! GLWS

Mar 02, 2014 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.