Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       end

7DII Next Month?

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · 7DII Next Month?

Paul Mo wrote:
He doesn't, but Canon have been being dragging their tails in regards to a new generation of sensors. Hopefully they'll amaze us with just that.

And he doesn't seem to know that the 1DX was the replacement of the 1D4. He also does not know what the specs will be for a 7D2, or if it will even be called a 7D2.

He also does not realize how many pros and amateurs are still shooting with a dinosaur.

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:40 PM
BluesWest
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · 7DII Next Month?

The 7D2 will be no different. Just a bit better than the 7D, so not justifying a big price increase. Sadly.

You're probably right, but if Canon does take the "incremental improvement" approach, I don't see how the camera will be a marketing success. I'm ready to replace my 7D, but I defnitely wouldn't buy a 7DMkII unless it had a significantly improved Servo-AF system and much better noise handling. I think most current 7D owners feel the same.

John

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:19 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · 7DII Next Month?

David Baldwin wrote:
The 7D2 will be no different. Just a bit better than the 7D, so not justifying a big price increase. Sadly.

Getting a real AF in the camera will be a big change. If it gets a 1D X class AF then that alone is huge as it'll be the first affordable crop camera with great AF. Dual cards another nice change, 24MP sensor with similar noise to 5D III would actually be a huge step even if DR doesn't change much. If it also gets 10fps, it would pretty much replace any need for a 1 series unless you give your camera a battering.

Mar 03, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · 7DII Next Month?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
...it would pretty much replace any need for a 1 series unless you give your camera a battering.

Even then why hold back? Both the 7D or 7D2 deserve a good beating!

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · 7DII Next Month?

Paul Mo wrote:
Even then why hold back? Both the 7D or 7D2 deserve a good beating!

Wow, you want to give an unannounced camera that may never exist, a beating too. What about the 5D IV will we hot that with a big stick too? Tough crowd.

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:17 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · 7DII Next Month?

I would take a Dino 1D MkIV over a 7D or 7DII....

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:43 AM
Mark K
• •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · 7DII Next Month?

Bones74 wrote:
If a 24mp Canon APS-c sensor comes close to the 5D3 in ISO performance it has to be a whole new generation of Canon sensor and maybe a new digic. Spec does look good, but rather optimistic.

I have never thought that much....7D2's iso performance will be great if it is anywhere near 5D1...

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:09 PM
JayD

p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · 7DII Next Month?

10fps? ::drool::

Mar 13, 2014 at 02:29 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · 7DII Next Month?

digitalbug30d wrote:

Hmm, and you don't even know what the specs will be on an unannounced 7D II.

Mar 13, 2014 at 03:24 AM
Joe Garner
• •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · 7DII Next Month?

JayD wrote:
10fps? ::drool::

High fps rate is meaningless unless there is a buffer and memory card slot to match. If Canon puts in another one of those crippled SD slots it will be a major downer. And let's hope they don't borrow a page from D7100 playbook.

Mar 13, 2014 at 03:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

abqnmusa
• • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · 7DII Next Month?

Lets hope the 7D II specs are not smaller and still noisy pixels. that is my fear on the 7D II
for me noisy images killed the 7D -- that should be the primary issue to fix
I will NOT be an early adopter this time

Mar 13, 2014 at 03:24 PM
brimull
• • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · 7DII Next Month?

I've had the Mk IV and a 5DIII for quite awhile, but for the third time around (slow learner?) I again found myself longing for my recently departed 7D. Each time I've sold it, I've regretted it shortly thereafter. The more it was (is) trashed, the more I liked it. Perverse, I guess. So, on impulse I just bought a 70D. I can tell already it does not have the feel, or stellar ergonomics, of the 7D. Oh, well.

If Canon actually comes out with a 7DMkII, I'll very likely be unable to resist. I'll jettison one of my others and take another financial hit. Heh, it's only money!

Brian M.

Mar 13, 2014 at 04:49 PM
johnctharp
• • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · 7DII Next Month?

Joe Garner wrote:
High fps rate is meaningless unless there is a buffer and memory card slot to match. If Canon puts in another one of those crippled SD slots it will be a major downer. And let's hope they don't borrow a page from D7100 playbook.

Uncrippled SD slots would be awesome- it's not like stills photography is even close to being limited by card slots. If they were so inclined, they could easily put a 300-400MB/s interface on these things with the appropriate SD/CF/whatever cards already on the market and make a 30MP+ camera burst at 10FPS until the battery dies .

Mar 13, 2014 at 06:07 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · 7DII Next Month?

abqnmusa wrote:
Lets hope the 7D II specs are not smaller and still noisy pixels. that is my fear on the 7D II

Yeah, 7D was the first time I jumped on a camera early and I'll never do that again. I'll be waiting my minimum 6 months I normally do, even if there is unanimous praise and clear proof AF, noise, DR, are all noticeably improved.

Mar 13, 2014 at 09:00 PM
ggreene
• • • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · 7DII Next Month?

I usually wait a few months until the first FW update shows up. That way you avoid the most glaring issues. Timing is key though. If the 7D2 is released in August/Sept I may pick one up for the Fall field sports. Sure would be nice to have a new 100-400 to go along with it.

Mar 13, 2014 at 09:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · 7DII Next Month?

abqnmusa wrote:

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Yeah, 7D was the first time I jumped on a camera early and I'll never do that again. I'll be waiting my minimum 6 months I normally do, even if there is unanimous praise and clear proof AF, noise, DR, are all noticeably improved.

I jumped on the 20D, 30D, 40D, 1DX, X100, X100s, and X-E2. I didn't jump on the A7R.

So far, so good.

Mar 13, 2014 at 09:33 PM
Tony B
• • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · 7DII Next Month?

digitalbug30d wrote:

Are we talking Dino as in Ferrari, or Dino as in T. Rex?
I indulge in things other than photo gear.
I look forward to Canon's alternative to the A7r & D800(E) sometime in the near future. The 7DII will be considered after 6 months market evaluation.
Whilst I like my 1DIII it is now somewhat prehistoric but will be kept due to the low price it now attracts. If I'm giving bit away I'd rather give it to a family member to play with.

Edited on Mar 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM · View previous versions

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · 7DII Next Month?

...Dino as in Flintstones.

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · 7DII Next Month?

jcolwell wrote:
I jumped on the 20D, 30D, 40D, 1DX, X100, X100s, and X-E2. I didn't jump on the A7R.

So far, so good.

In Australia prices were so high I had little choice but to wait 2 years or so and then buy SH gear from the US. Heck prices kept me out of digital for years. 10D was well over $3K in Australia, when even the expensive EOS 3 could be found for $2K. 5D at launch was $5.4K.

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · 7DII Next Month?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
...5D at launch was $5.4K.

Woah! That's crazy!

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1       2       3       4      
       6       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell