New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Archive 2014 · 7DII Next Month?

Sjjindra
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7DII Next Month?

Will we see the new 7D II or at least an announcement next month? I like the specs listed.

http://www.photographybay.com/2014/02/23/new-canon-7d-mark-ii-rumored-for-next-month/?awt_l=8NJ82&awt_m=IosgwZoxgf62xu

Your thoughts.
Steve

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7DII Next Month?

Looks like a nice camera. I'll wait for the official announcement of specs before I get too excited.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM
rebelshooter
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7DII Next Month?

I agree. Looks good, a lot there to like.
Not crazy about the price but if the ISO performance is "close the the 5D3" then I am in.
The ISO performance is my big issue with the current model.

Time will tell.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7DII Next Month?

If a 24mp Canon APS-c sensor comes close to the 5D3 in ISO performance it has to be a whole new generation of Canon sensor and maybe a new digic. Spec does look good, but rather optimistic.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM
aladyforty
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 7DII Next Month?

praying this is going to be true, my 7D is on its last legs and I like to keep my 5DIII for everyday and landscapes, portraits etc. The 7d is wildlife over and above anything else.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM
jakita33
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 7DII Next Month?

If the specs are accurate I will need to decide whether to keep the 5dIII or let it go. I have really missed the FPS.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM
PhilDrinkwater
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 7DII Next Month?

Bones74 wrote:
If a 24mp Canon APS-c sensor comes close to the 5D3 in ISO performance it has to be a whole new generation of Canon sensor and maybe a new digic. Spec does look good, but rather optimistic.

I agree. I think they're optimistic. Would be great if they're true since it would point to a good 1-2 stops of high ISO performance from a new sensor.

Of course they could have just improved the JPEG processing...

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 7DII Next Month?

10 fps?
I seriously doubt it, though I would love to be proven wrong.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 7DII Next Month?

Looks like they are positioning it to really be a pro body, and at a pro price. That's probably not a bad strategy, and if that's the plan then 10fps wouldn't be out of the question.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:47 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 7DII Next Month?

Lets hope the specs are true. It would make a great FL limited body. Just what I have been looking for as a companion to a 1DX.

What would that sensor be FF equivalent? 55-60MP?

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 7DII Next Month?

Even I am not at all interested in the 7D class of cameras (I am only a FF shooter since I shoot more in the wide than in the tele range), it is at least finally a move from Canon in regard to a more professional camera since a while. I am especially curious in regard to the sensor which Canon will implement into the 7D MkII. It might lead to some conclusions what we could expect from a long demanded high MP/high DR FF camera 5D MkII/III successor.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 7DII Next Month?

I hope it's actually released...I'd have to sell and save some money for a while, but 10Fps with upgraded af would be awesome.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:55 AM
bipock
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 7DII Next Month?

Anywhere near true and I'll be doing wildlife with Canon, not Nikon. FF stays Nikon though. I don't doubt most of the specs except the 1-2 stop better ISO while increasing the MPs. That hasn't worked out so well for them lately on croppers.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM
howard
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 7DII Next Month?

If you look closely, it links back to CR. All these are just made-up baloney by one guy who has no information whatsoever. He's been recycling the same hot air for years now. Don't be foolish, people.

Of course, you also know that even a broken clock is right twice a day ...

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 7DII Next Month?

From the link - Rumour =
24.1mp APS-C Sensor
Dual DIGIC V
10fps
Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
61 AF Points
3.2″ LCD
Build quality like 5D3
GPS & Wifi
$2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch)
ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
“Lots of video features”

I would be the first on the list if it can achieve close to 5d3 iso performance with those specs, but given that it is still a crop camera, and given that the best that Nikon can do is the d7100 (with sony xmor sensor - only 1/2 stop better than 7d in iso performance), I am sceptical. If it is true, we can expect a great ff to follow. This same performance in a ff sensor woudl yield a 60mpx full frame with 5diii iso performance- which would be plesantly surprising and cause a whole round of new better bodies. I am crossing my fingers but have low expectations.

Realistically, it will approach d7100 performance with 7d features( d7100 has crippling burst capabilities 7 vs 7d 25 or so), which I would buy too because I have mostly stopped using my 7d for iso reasons, after the 5diii.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 7DII Next Month?

howard wrote:
If you look closely, it links back to CR. All these are just made-up baloney by one guy who has no information whatsoever. He's been recycling the same hot air for years now. Don't be foolish, people.

Of course, you also know that even a broken clock is right twice a day ...

True, he occasionally gets stuff right, but usually only when it's 2-3 days before the announcement anyway.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 7DII Next Month?

Sure would be nice if the specs were actually true. I wouldn't hold my breath because I also read that this camera with these specs is $2 - $2.5K which I find very hard to believe.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 7DII Next Month?

Those claimed specifications for the 7D have been rumored for months. Absolutely nothing new (or confirmed) about them.

Frankly, the whole rumor thing has gotten old...

John

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 7DII Next Month?

Why wouldn't the rumors be old Rumors about any new body usually start within a year or so after the last body hit the market.

I would not be surprised if the 7D2 is a major upgrade. I think Canon figured out they made a big marketing error in bringing out the 1DX only and scrapping a 1D5. Perhaps the 7D2 will be what should have been a 1D5.

Canon Rumors has been correct many times.

Feb 28, 2014 at 01:10 PM
David Baldwin
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 7DII Next Month?

Price $2199?

That means £2000 over this side of the pond, a crazy price for a cropper, however good.

Feb 28, 2014 at 01:12 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.