New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Precious kindergartener

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Precious kindergartener

One of the things that I do is shoot yearbook pictures for my kids' elementary school. It's pretty cool. All the teachers know me, and a lot of the kids.

On this day, I was doing PJ-like shots of the kids in their classrooms doing their work. In this kindergarten class, they were working on a subtraction problem. I laid down in the front of the class. Usually, the kids start getting all cheesy on me, smiling for the camera, and I ask them for the impossible, to ignore me.

This kid never paid me any mind. Usually I take a couple shots and move on. But this kid kept doing different things, his emotion all over his face. He was frustrated that he had already figured out the solution to the subtraction problem, but they were waiting for one more student to work it out. When the teacher said they would give that last student a little more time to work it out, this was his reaction. I loved it!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2825/12821972264_4b298096c6_b.jpg

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:22 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Precious kindergartener

thats awesome man. the story along with the expression really goes together however the expression alone supports the image sans story. Kids are awesome.

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:51 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Precious kindergartener

Very nice.....I read in his face... "Really? We really have to wait some more? I am ready to move on."

Feb 27, 2014 at 05:52 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Precious kindergartener

Thanks, Shawn! I was totally digging this kid! :-)

Herb, exactly! Only x1000 over. He seems unbelievably bored with the process, but he was really bringing it! What a great kid!

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:43 AM
laurenlizana

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Precious kindergartener

looks bored

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Precious kindergartener

Good photo.

I enjoyed reading the backstory too (and wish more people would include them).

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:53 AM
zalmyb
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Precious kindergartener

Ha! Love that face.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Precious kindergartener

Thanks guys! Lauren, not sure if you read the story that went with the pic, but he was completely bored and a bit put off as they waited for another student to complete the problem on his whiteboard in his lap.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Precious kindergartener

Good story- and photo - Ron. Loved it especially since ive had a lad who was miles ahead of the class in math. Oddly, however, he didn't show his feelings like that. He stayed ahead of the class too, earning a full math scholarship to Cambridge U.

Mar 31, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Precious kindergartener

Love the expression. I have seen it too many times on my now 15 year old son's face.

Mar 31, 2014 at 02:38 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.