Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3              6       7       end

25 post requirement to sell.

Shield
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · 25 post requirement to sell.

Karl Witt wrote:
Our B&S forum is a powerful tool and a very helpful one to many photographers that need to buy and sell quickly amongst reputable members. I'm all for Fred doing what he sees needed to try to keep the influx of scammers minimized.

There seems to be a tremendous amount of work for Fred chasing these criminals too.

I'd like to see a 'tip jar' where if wanted to we could donate a token $ to support the B&S forum or support a charity or several charities

Thanks Fred for your efforts in the B&S forum, I know
...Show more

Sounds good Karl, but I donate by paying for B&S privileges...

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM
AlexXZ

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · 25 post requirement to sell.

I think the 25 post requirement to sell is a great thing. But If I want to make a listing wanting to buy something, then I need those 25 posts which is kind of frustrating.

Mar 01, 2014 at 01:02 PM
mitesh
• • • •
p.2 #3 · 25 post requirement to sell.

AlexXZ wrote:
I think the 25 post requirement to sell is a great thing. But If I want to make a listing wanting to buy something, then I need those 25 posts which is kind of frustrating.

I don't think 25 posts is a very difficult requirement to meet. Keep in mind that this forum is not strictly for buying and selling equipment. It's a community of photographers of varying skill levels and interests, all sharing knowledge and experience to help each other. If you take a little time and contribute in your own way, the 25 posts will not be a problem, and you will have built up some forum credibility that will make your own buying and selling easier. Speaking from experience

Mar 01, 2014 at 01:17 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · 25 post requirement to sell.

mitesh wrote:
I don't think 25 posts is a very difficult requirement to meet. Keep in mind that this forum is not strictly for buying and selling equipment. It's a community of photographers of varying skill levels and interests, all sharing knowledge and experience to help each other. If you take a little time and contribute in your own way, the 25 posts will not be a problem, and you will have built up some forum credibility that will make your own buying and selling easier. Speaking from experience

Amen!!!!

Mar 01, 2014 at 03:14 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.2 #5 · 25 post requirement to sell.

I know on POTN you have to be a member with certain posts AND a certain timeframe before you can post there on the B&S forums.

Mar 02, 2014 at 06:39 PM
Charles Loy
• • •
p.2 #6 · 25 post requirement to sell.

New post on now from a member that has 9 total posts and zero feedback,
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1277606

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:04 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #7 · 25 post requirement to sell.

If <Hay_Papi> is his eToilet username, he does not exist . Looks like 25 post requirement is only for new members. I cannot figure out why I should give a shite about some no-name who shows up here with 8/9 posts on B&S with high dollar item and uses eToilet feedback as an index of his alleged trustworthiness.

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:36 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.2 #8 · 25 post requirement to sell.

for what it is worth his images were taken from the same place as his apparent location

Mar 03, 2014 at 03:46 AM
JonDriscoll

p.2 #9 · 25 post requirement to sell.

I don't see the 25 posts as a problem, to be honest. It requires people to get to know the person before they sell any items. I think this is a good idea.

Mar 03, 2014 at 10:34 PM
hijazist
• • •
p.2 #10 · 25 post requirement to sell.

This solardisc guy must really love Tulips & Yosemite

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1266437/0#12169556

Mar 04, 2014 at 06:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · 25 post requirement to sell.

hijazist wrote:
This solardisc guy must really love Tulips & Yosemite

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1266437/0#12169556

what a moron
Hell, some places are 6 mo and 300 posts. Participate...or shut yer pie hole, whiners.
There's a reason FM's got the best B&S on the 'net.

Mar 04, 2014 at 11:50 AM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.2 #12 · 25 post requirement to sell.

trenchmonkey wrote:
what a moron
Hell, some places are 6 mo and 300 posts. Participate...or shut yer pie hole, whiners.

Maybe it's the people more than the website? Kidding. Has to be both and the way the site's run.

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:29 PM
hijazist
• • •
p.2 #13 · 25 post requirement to sell.

trenchmonkey wrote:
what a moron

+1000...

I have a feeling this "servicer" is the same guy after solardisc got his account locked

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1277628/1#12176317

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:49 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · 25 post requirement to sell.

trenchmonkey wrote:
what a moron ...

His account is locked now.

Mar 04, 2014 at 09:47 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · 25 post requirement to sell.

trenchmonkey wrote:
what a moron ...

His account is locked now.

Mar 04, 2014 at 09:47 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · 25 post requirement to sell.

Mar 04, 2014 at 09:48 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.2 #17 · 25 post requirement to sell.

Jammyn wrote:
I'm a member of another forum, and any one line response is automatically flagged and a warning issued, with subsequent infractions resulting in the member being banned.

Really?

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:01 AM
Jammyn
• •
p.2 #18 · 25 post requirement to sell.

kzoockof wrote:
Really?

Unfortunately, yes. I ran afoul of the policy when I unknowingly posted a one-word response in a thread. The next time I visited the site, I was greeted with a PM notifying me of my transgression and a reminder of the TOS I signed when I joined. In my case, I had already gained access to the marketplace, and had I no reason to "pad" my post count. Regardless, l posts should be relevant to the thread members respond to, and absolutely no one-word responses are allowed.; it's a tech site, FWIW.

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:04 AM
Savas K
• • • •
p.2 #19 · 25 post requirement to sell.

I'd like to see a cap on what you can buy or sell pursuant to your post history and time on the FM boards. That'll cure the riff raff explosion.

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #20 · 25 post requirement to sell.

This is now implemented:
Replying to a post or sending a PM will be blocked with a warning message if your account is less than 4 months old and if you have made less than 25 posts.

Fred

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:21 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password