New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Old wedding dress in window

Littlefield
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Old wedding dress in window

This caught my eye in the shuttered old Oliver's Lodge Restaurant in Murrells Inlet South Carolina and thought it was pretty cool looking.It closed down a few years ago and I think a bank has it now as a foreclosed property. Mickey Spillane it is said used to eat here and had a house in Murrells Inlet. I used to eat there as a kid and later drank at the bar with my college sweetheart.
Don

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/arrowhead8/425f213b.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa473/arrowhead8/9088b8e4.jpg

The original part of Oliver's was built around 1860 as the summer home of LT. Gov. Plowden C.J. WEston, the owner of Laurel Hill Plantation. Laurel Hill was a rice plantation sitting on the Waccamaw River and was eventually incorporated into Brookgreen Gardens. The house was actually constructed at Laurel Hill and moved to its present site in sections. The property was later purchased by J. Homer Woodward who sold it to Emma Limehouse Oliver in 1901. Emma married W.L. (Capt.Bill) Oliver around 1895. Capt. Bill was steamboat captain ferrying passengers between the Inlet and Conway on the Waccamaw River. Capt....Show more

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Old wedding dress in window

Don, I swear are minds are linked...Vulcan mind meld maybe.
I have a somewhat similiar shot as #1 from a Harpers Ferry, WVa old time clothing store. I will post it to you later.
Great work!
Spok...oh...Dan

Mar 01, 2014 at 01:52 PM
Littlefield
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Old wedding dress in window

Thanks, Dan that location was kinda spooky. I loved how the old weathered wood complimented the dress and its hard to tell on the internet but the light in a small circle glinted off the top right collar.
Don

Mar 02, 2014 at 06:53 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Old wedding dress in window

Getting heavy snow here today and blistering cold temps.....I will get my period dress photo to you today.
Thanks!
Dan

Mar 03, 2014 at 08:41 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.