Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Looking for feedback on new site

pmiller228

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Looking for feedback on new site

Im just about ready to launch my new site but I figured I'd get some feedback first. Please check it out and let me know what you think:

www.twotwo8.squarespace.com

Thanks!

Feb 27, 2014 at 03:35 AM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Looking for feedback on new site

Your gallery software isn't doing you any favors by showing the slideshow as square-format. It cuts off the verticals, so none of the faces are shown.

Find another slideshow layout/software. This doesn't work

<Chas>

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:23 AM
pmiller228

p.1 #3 · Looking for feedback on new site

Really? Which browser did that happen on?

I've tested on safari and chrome and the slideshows look normal.

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Looking for feedback on new site

Firefox 27.0.1 on Win7

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:07 PM
pmiller228

p.1 #5 · Looking for feedback on new site

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I'll look into that!

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

unclemikey
• •
p.1 #6 · Looking for feedback on new site

Same problem viewing pictures here also on firefox.

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:27 PM
pmiller228

p.1 #7 · Looking for feedback on new site

I did a little digging. Looks like squarespace galleries are currently not working properly in Firefox. Well hell.

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:39 PM
unclemikey
• •
p.1 #8 · Looking for feedback on new site

pmiller228 wrote:
I did a little digging. Looks like squarespace galleries are currently not working properly in Firefox. Well hell.

Isn't working on Internet Explorer either. Same cut off results.

Feb 27, 2014 at 05:24 PM
tx_pilot

p.1 #9 · Looking for feedback on new site

Now I haven't read any of the comments above yet bc I find when I read ahead of looking at sites, I automatically key on what has been posted already... So I apologize if some of what I say has already been brought up.

Please take this with a grain of salt and by no means am I trying to offend you or the site. I'm only giving my honest 1st impressions and opinions and it is only that... an opinion. I've done this before and got bashed, so I hope that doesn't happen here bc I don't mean anything in a negative way.

Home Page: My first impression of the site is... nothing "pops" out at me.
Then I learn that I could scroll down, looked cool how the photo above was disappearing.
As I scroll I find 3 links given that are not needed. (I scrolled down and discover is was of no use or for any purpose really. - bummer!)

Social Media links would be nice if they were attached to the top or some portion of all pages so that you don't have to scroll to discover them... I shouldn't have to hunt for your social media links, make it easy for me to find you on social media.

+Portfolio Link: I should be able to click the link itself without needing to select a specific link off the drop down menu. Clicking the link alone should take you to a main Portfolio page...
I'm not fond of how the Portfolio menu appears below the main menu bar. Kinda looks cluttered and doesn't flow very well to me.
Seems some of the top portions of your photos are cut off in the slide show also.
***** After looking more at this, it is cutting them off because your header is taking up a lot of space and I'm having to scroll down to the slider. I am viewing on google chorme using a laptop so I'm not on a larger screen. I can get on the desktop w/ the large monitor to view it and it is fine. Keep caution of this and look into how your site will view off of a mobile device as well.
I do like how the photos in the slider change on "click"...

Information Link: I had no idea what "information" I was about to come across when I clicked the link... After I clicked it then I discovered it was your pricing. Keep it simple, name the link "Prices" or something along those lines. - Lets say a friend of mine linked your website to me off facebook and said "Wow, these guys have awesome pricing and they are right here in town..." I would like to click the link to your page and then be able to go right to your prices easily without guessing. Remember the ease of convenience for a customer or potential customer.
My price page opens and has the basic and common prices up front much like yours which will satisfy most anyone looking for pricing but I do have a link from there that will take you to a second complete price list of all services (minus commercial/bid), prints, books, digital d-loads, ect. - it is large but if laid out nicely it works pretty well. I also have a link that will open the complete price list in PDF form so that they can print it if they wish.

The rest of the links look pretty much the same... Something about the "flow" and/or layout doesn't strike me very well once I got over the initial "coolness" the pic disappearing as you scroll down. HAHA - The site to me seems to be a really scroll happy site though.

*Now I see where several people have mentioned already the top portions of the photos being cut off... I'm on google chrome. I'm not familiar with squarespace as I use different hosting site.

Building websites can be a large task and most dont realize how time consuming it is. There are always a lot of small details to work out and it always, for me anyways, seems like when I get one task checked off two others things pop up. lol

Feb 28, 2014 at 03:02 AM
pmiller228

p.1 #10 · Looking for feedback on new site

Wow thanks! I appreciate the honesty. To be 100% honest I have the same exact concerns on everything you brought up. Unfortunately some of the problems are limitations of the theme I picked - which i figured out after investing my time -_-

Something simple like putting the social media links in the header is not at all obvious and I haven't been able to get that to work.

I'll run this layout for a bit and make tweaks as things pop out at me and probably change it up in a few months now that the content is there. But yes, building a site is very time consuming. I'd rather be taking pictures

Feb 28, 2014 at 03:43 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password