Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Dicey: Studio collage

RKnecht
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dicey: Studio collage

Been trying to keep busy and thought I would take a bit of time to share a collage I created from a recent studio session with Dicey. As always, comments are welcome.

Feb 26, 2014 at 03:07 PM
JakeB17
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dicey: Studio collage

The lighting and pose on the full body shot are both great. The floating heads just detract from it.

Edited on Feb 26, 2014 at 03:49 PM · View previous versions

Feb 26, 2014 at 03:41 PM
Genes Home
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dicey: Studio collage

WOW!

Stunning photography.....and beautifully done. Love the way you handled the colors and the black background with a black dog.

I will only make one comment re the composition (because I don't think anyone could do a better job photographically!!!) and that is that I would not have used the head in the lower right, as it pulls the eye away from the main two shots.

As someone who does a lot of canine and wildlife photography, I want to say that this both inspires me to do more high end work and intimidates me (because it such high quality that I am not sure I can work at this level!).

Simply wonderful.

Gene

Feb 26, 2014 at 03:46 PM
Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dicey: Studio collage

totally agree with the head in the lower right comment...otherwise also agree this is an outstanding picture..random thought.....Floating Heads would be a great name for a band imo

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:11 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dicey: Studio collage

Beautiful photography of a beautiful animal.

I have to say that the collage really turns classy photography into a cheesey display. I think each image is strong enough to display on its own.

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:40 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dicey: Studio collage

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:43 PM

RKnecht
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dicey: Studio collage

canerino wrote:
Beautiful photography of a beautiful animal.

I have to say that the collage really turns classy photography into a cheesey display. I think each image is strong enough to display on its own.

This may be true for people, but I mainly photograph pets and breed dogs. The people who show dogs really like a few different angles of their dog in one picture to showcase the dog's attributes. Each of these photos were also printed individually for the client. I always respect the client's wishes and try to accomplish what they want the best that I can.

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:54 PM
GoodEgg
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dicey: Studio collage

I can understand your clients' desires. Though I really like this collage, if you need to keep the lower right head, I think as-is, the collage looks crowded. Have you thought of making the central image a leeetle bit smaller so you can enlarge the lower right head and uncramp? I heart dog head.

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:27 PM
Dooginfif20
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dicey: Studio collage

Was the reflection added later on the full body shot? The angle of his front left foot doesnt match the reflection. I would also clean up the background and get rid of the wrinkles in the backdrop. I think the shots are litlle perfectly and I would be totally happy with these as a customer!

Feb 27, 2014 at 03:44 PM
RKnecht
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dicey: Studio collage

Dooginfif20 wrote:
Was the reflection added later on the full body shot? The angle of his front left foot doesnt match the reflection. I would also clean up the background and get rid of the wrinkles in the backdrop. I think the shots are litlle perfectly and I would be totally happy with these as a customer!

The reflection was not added, so I am not sure about the non-matching issue you see. The floor is clear plexi over black musin. I did miss a few wrinkles on this version, but I did clean them up (as well as some gray hairs and dander) for the print. Thanks for the comments.

Feb 27, 2014 at 06:53 PM
ort5

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dicey: Studio collage

Very stoic and elegant poses. It's tough to get such great contract with a black dog and black background!

Feb 28, 2014 at 07:08 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password