Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Nikon D4s Officially Announced

Tony B
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

PhilDrinkwater wrote:
Wow. I thought I'd pop over here to see how people were liking the d4s.

I've not seen this much silly fanboy brand nonsense (this and previous posts) for a long time. Incorrect information, dripping with sarcasm and brand-baiting.... If you can't see anything positive to say about Canon, as I do about Nikon, the problem is with you ... not with Canon

I think I'll pop back over the wall. CYA!

I'll join you. When I see more blacks than big whites at sporting events etc. I may give some credence to the Nikonian assertion of better regarding this type of photography. Most thinking Canon users will accept the superiority of Nikon regarding landscape photography in some instances. Action is another ball game-for the present- & the 1DX an excellent all round performer with Canon's top super teles.
I hope the D4s performs to expectations for all those purchasing it. If I was not committed to Canon lenses the D800E & 14-24 would be very, very enticing.

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:57 AM
Lee Saxon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

Nikon and Canon really are done, aren't they?

Sony releases the A7/r, demonstrating the possible future, but aimed way too low for many serious photographers and with any number of ergonomic and workflow flaws that a camera (as opposed to consumer electronic) company wouldn't have made because they actually have photographers test their products. Serves up a PERFECT opportunity for a serious camera company like Nikon or Canon to respond.

Nikon responds by releases yet another minor iteration on 1999's D1. Seriously, that's the last innovation from either of these companies. Each time the megapixels get a little more plentiful, the meter and AF sensors get a little more sensitive, pattern AF leaves and comes back, and the price gets a lot higher. But this is a D1 mkVII.

Shouldn't they be getting easier to build, not harder? Shouldn't their seventh (fourth full frame) near-identical generation pro DSLR cost less than the first, not more? Better yet, for God's sake shouldn't they have tried something new by now?

Mar 09, 2014 at 06:36 PM
yonnliu

p.6 #3 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

wow...

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:20 PM
ffstory

p.6 #4 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

Looking at the first reviews and list of improvements of Nikon D4S. The only purpose of that camera is to be able to increase the price.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
p.6 #5 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

if you say so.

so what type of work do you do and what do you and what do you shoot with?

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.6 #6 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

Lee Saxon wrote:
Nikon and Canon really are done, aren't they?

Sony releases the A7/r, demonstrating the possible future, but aimed way too low for many serious photographers and with any number of ergonomic and workflow flaws that a camera (as opposed to consumer electronic) company wouldn't have made because they actually have photographers test their products. Serves up a PERFECT opportunity for a serious camera company like Nikon or Canon to respond.

Nikon responds by releases yet another minor iteration on 1999's D1. Seriously, that's the last innovation from either of these companies. Each time the megapixels get a little more plentiful, the
...Show more

when you can get this shot cleanly with your camera in the same environment post it. i tried to use the A7/A7r in Tokyo over Christmas. took about 10 minutes to go back to my D610. Sony likes to put out an unrefined unfinished product. what we call "proof of concept".

understanding a product and what it was designed for is half the battle.

NIKON D4    24.0-120.0 mm f/4.0 lens    24mm    1/80s    20318 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Edited on Mar 19, 2014 at 02:21 PM · View previous versions

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:37 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.6 #7 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

Tony B wrote:
I'll join you. When I see more blacks than big whites at sporting events etc. I may give some credence to the Nikonian assertion of better regarding this type of photography. Most thinking Canon users will accept the superiority of Nikon regarding landscape photography in some instances. Action is another ball game-for the present- & the 1DX an excellent all round performer with Canon's top super teles.
I hope the D4s performs to expectations for all those purchasing it. If I was not committed to Canon lenses the D800E & 14-24 would be very, very enticing.

with all that background you seem to still have little understanding of the art and science of business.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM
tbrain

p.6 #8 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced

The D4s is nice and i hope it performs.

Mar 27, 2014 at 09:35 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register