Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6       end
  

Nikon D4s Officially Announced
  
 
billsnature
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


I spend a lot of time on Nature and wildlife forum. I see a lot of bad 1D IV files on forum.
I haven't seen a lot of bad 1Dx files there unless you mean mine



Feb 27, 2014 at 03:49 AM
brian_sp
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


billsnature wrote:
I spend a lot of time on Nature and wildlife forum. I see a lot of bad 1D IV files on forum.
I haven't seen a lot of bad 1Dx files there unless you mean mine


nope, not referring to yours at all but others i have seen posted, along with a lot of other canon files which include a few full blown pictures of canon's famous banding though they weren't from the 1dx, why anyone would post something like that is beyond me, but i still have yet to see anything posted that puts the 1dx on top



Feb 27, 2014 at 04:05 AM
Steve Perry
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #3 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


brian_sp wrote:
nope, not referring to yours at all but others i have seen posted, along with a lot of other canon files which include a few full blown pictures of canon's famous banding though they weren't from the 1dx, why anyone would post something like that is beyond me, but i still have yet to see anything posted that puts the 1dx on top


I was curious about it, so here's the first 1Dx post I found over there:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1276743

Looks pretty good to me. I'd love to have the fish catch image in my portfolio. Could it have been shot with a D4/s? Sure. However, it doesn't seem like the 1Dx is "crap" either.



Feb 27, 2014 at 01:27 PM
m.sommers00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


It'll be nice to see the D4S and 1Dx put through some heavy duty testing to see how they differ.

But this forum has shown that both the 1Dx and D4 (sans 'S') can capture some incredible images when coupled with some sweet, sweet lenses. Which one does this easier, is debatable. How the 'S' can improve vs. the 1Dx and D4 has yet to truly be seen by anyone here.

Only time will tell. I know, I know we're just anxious



Feb 27, 2014 at 01:59 PM
Bones74
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


brian_sp wrote:
yea....right...guess you don't go to the n&w forum much, i see a lot of crap looking files from the 1dx


...and that's the cameras fault? Seriously, you're just playing fanboi Both cameras are awesome, the difference is the user. The 1-dx doesn't have any of that so called famous banding. That's a 5D speciality
Up to 2 stops of pushed shadows causes little if any problem.



Feb 27, 2014 at 03:59 PM
brian_sp
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Steve Perry wrote:
I was curious about it, so here's the first 1Dx post I found over there:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1276743

Looks pretty good to me. I'd love to have the fish catch image in my portfolio. Could it have been shot with a D4/s? Sure. However, it doesn't seem like the 1Dx is "crap" either.


yea those aren't bad as far as canon goes but again, nothing there screams at me $7000 body but then in canon land that's what it takes to get away from the banding and that's pathetic that one needs to go that far when it comes to canon
i applaud canon for duping its customers that way though, way to go canon



Feb 28, 2014 at 01:39 AM
jbledsoe
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #7 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Seems like a good opportunity for those that didn't upgrade to the D4. The D4s features seem compelling to those still shooting D3s and wanting more better faster

Will be interesting to see how it performs with a TC-20E III. The IQ is there, get rid of the hunt and it will help with reach when there's action.




Feb 28, 2014 at 01:43 AM
m.sommers00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #8 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced




brian_sp wrote:
yea those aren't bad as far as canon goes but again, nothing there screams at me $7000 body but then in canon land that's what it takes to get away from the banding and that's pathetic that one needs to go that far when it comes to canon
i applaud canon for duping its customers that way though, way to go canon



Can you please show me a picture that DOES scream $7,000 camera so I can compare? Thanks.



Feb 28, 2014 at 03:22 AM
mikepmcs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #9 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


On order.
I wouldn't go to Canon if they gave me their equipment. Well, I'd take it and parlay it in to Nikon stuff.

Reasoning? Simple.....Canon ugly, Nikon pretty.

I still don't know how I'm gonna pay for this NEEDED piece of gear. But I NEED it so it's on it's way. It is justified and rational. I was able to do this even before finishing the announcement article. I will commence to taking photos via remote at 409600ISO without taking it out of the box and never look back.
This is a no brainer because I've only ever made prudent, judicious and well thought out decisions all my life.

I.CAN'T.WAIT!

Sincerely,
Nikon Fanman for life.



Mar 01, 2014 at 06:22 AM
Game Changer
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #10 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Brand nuthuggers crack me up!
This reminds me of the "Mustang vs Camaro/Vette vs Viper" debates when I was a car fan...

Good times.



Mar 01, 2014 at 12:14 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mikepmcs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #11 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Game Changer wrote:
Brand nuthuggers crack me up!
This reminds me of the "Mustang vs Camaro/Vette vs Viper" debates when I was a car fan...

Good times.


Pssst...Everyone knows Mustangs and Camaros are junk. MOPAR or no car baby! Never was a debate, was it?

and...Vipers will eat Vettes all day long. Vettes are very economical though. My 91 got 28.5MPG and my 2001 got 27.5 MPG. Good second vehicle for commuting.

Sincerely
Dodge and Nikon Fanman.... errr Nuthugger..... for life.



Mar 01, 2014 at 02:20 PM
JohnKraus
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #12 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


hijazist wrote:
The dude's face who's next to him in the video

The image at 12800 ISO looks so clean to my eyes! However, is it just me or is it that the comparison crops between the D4 & D4s show much more detail in the D4? I am sure it's a lens, setting or technique variation.

_____________
Very deceptive test, unwittingly. They had different sharpness settings in the Picture Control. D4 was set higher in sharpness.



Mar 01, 2014 at 10:37 PM
4mpx
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #13 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


After downloading the RAW files, then opening them in NX2 and converting to JPEG, the image quality looks very different :

This one @12,800 ISO. Crop 100%.



Mar 01, 2014 at 11:09 PM
SargentRay
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #14 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


On the good side i'm already seeing guys advertising their D4 for sale at around 4,500$ in my area, saw one with round 40k clicks. So it would cost me about 1,000$ to upgrade to a D4 (providing i'd still get 3,500$ for my D3s. I'm thinking i should do it while i can still have a decent price for my D3s.

Does this make sense



Mar 03, 2014 at 02:08 PM
VinnieJ
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #15 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


SargentRay wrote:
On the good side i'm already seeing guys advertising their D4 for sale at around 4,500$ in my area, saw one with round 40k clicks. So it would cost me about 1,000$ to upgrade to a D4 (providing i'd still get 3,500$ for my D3s. I'm thinking i should do it while i can still have a decent price for my D3s.

Does this make sense


I assume there is something you want out of the D4 you can't get with the D3s. If that "something" is worth $1K to you then go for it.



Mar 03, 2014 at 02:21 PM
PhilDrinkwater
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #16 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


brian_sp wrote:
yea those aren't bad as far as canon goes but again, nothing there screams at me $7000 body but then in canon land that's what it takes to get away from the banding and that's pathetic that one needs to go that far when it comes to canon
i applaud canon for duping its customers that way though, way to go canon


Wow. I thought I'd pop over here to see how people were liking the d4s.

I've not seen this much silly fanboy brand nonsense (this and previous posts) for a long time. Incorrect information, dripping with sarcasm and brand-baiting.... If you can't see anything positive to say about Canon, as I do about Nikon, the problem is with you ... not with Canon

I think I'll pop back over the wall. CYA!



Mar 03, 2014 at 04:47 PM
oobie
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #17 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Going to keep rocking my D4. Cuttin' the mustard just fine.


Mar 03, 2014 at 08:57 PM
Donzo98
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #18 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


PhilDrinkwater wrote:
Wow. I thought I'd pop over here to see how people were liking the d4s.

I've not seen this much silly fanboy brand nonsense (this and previous posts) for a long time. Incorrect information, dripping with sarcasm and brand-baiting.... If you can't see anything positive to say about Canon, as I do about Nikon, the problem is with you ... not with Canon

I think I'll pop back over the wall. CYA!


D4S is not out yet... I think people will start getting them this week though.



Mar 03, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Dperkell
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #19 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Not sure it's worth upgrading to from D4 to D4S


Mar 04, 2014 at 02:08 AM
PhilDrinkwater
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #20 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced


Donzo98 wrote:
D4S is not out yet... I think people will start getting them this week though.


Yes - I should have said "d4s specs"...

Looking forward to seeing what it can really do!



Mar 04, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1       2       3       4      
5
       6       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password