Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #1 · Nikon D4s Officially Announced |
Nikon has officially announced the D4s.
The new “s” is an incremental update to their flagship D4 pro DSLR and now packs more processing power, updated AF system with a new Group Area AF, faster continuous shooting (11 fps), and 1080/60p video support.
With the D4s, professional shooters can expect better low light ISO performance (up to 409,600), 3,020 shots per charge battery life , and a new 8MP "RAW Size S" format.
Nikon D4s Pre-order:
B&H Photo | Adorama ($6499 - March availability)
Nikon D4s highlights:
- 16.2MP FX-format CMOS sensor
- Expeed 4 processing (30% faster)
- ISO 100-25,600 (expandable to ISO 50 - 409,600)
- 51-point autofocus system
- Group Area AF allows for more accurate subject tracking
- 11 fps continuous shooting with continuous AE/AF
- ISO Auto Control for Manual Exposure
- New 8MP RAW Size S (12-bit uncompressed)
- 1080/60p video
- Smoother transitions when shooting interval or time-lapse stills/movies
- CompactFlash and XQD card slots
- Gigabit Ethernet port, in addition to support for WT-5A wireless transmitter
- Improved EN-EL18a battery provides 3,020 shots per charge
Check out this comparison sheet (Nikon D4 vs D4s)