Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Shield
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Let's say you buy an item on here and 6 days go by without a tracking number. 4 days since you've heard from the seller. How long do you give it until you go for a Paypal chargeback? 2 weeks total? The seller first told me "I'll ship it today" then the next day "I'm on my way to ship it out now" to "I'll ship it next week overnight".
I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I just don't do business like this.

Edited on Feb 26, 2014 at 08:18 PM · View previous versions

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:57 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Unless he's under 10' of snow/ice he should communicate MUCH better...
I'd be concerned. Sorry to hear this, man.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:36 AM
drive_75
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

I had a transaction like you described. After two weeks, I filed for charge back. A week later, it turned out the seller have been on business travel and couldn't really shipped them. For his part, he should have communicated better but at the same time, he didn't want to loose the sale. At the end, he offered me the item for free. Sometime people just have bad communication. He was really nice once we were able to connect.

Feb 25, 2014 at 05:22 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

What sort of feedback, if any, does the seller have? If little, or none, I'd file a claim, and cover my own @ss before worrying about the seller's feelings. If I say I'm going to do something, such as ship on time, I do it, and I expect the same from others.

Feb 25, 2014 at 06:48 AM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #5 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

I agree dcains; I'd expect the same. Ok so it's not just me being crazy. I'll give him until day 10 for either the item or a tracking number, then it's chargeback time.
This is why I don't do Paypal gift.

Drive, was your experience with a longtime member with lots of feedback?

Feb 25, 2014 at 09:36 AM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #6 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Would you guys agree two weeks is how long you'd wait, or 1 week after paying with no tracking number or lens should just about do it?

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:13 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Agreed - there is no excuse for lame communication except your own death or incarceration. It takes less than a minute to fire off an email or text.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:14 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Shield,

Well, if you want to get this guy to climb out of his hole, send him a PM alerting him to the post you are about to make here in which you tell the membership who he is and in your post, add a link to the transaction. I'd bet you'll hear back from him in short order

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:26 PM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #9 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

I've been trying to avoid that to give him the benefit of the doubt. He said the lens would be here by 10:00 A.M. today guaranteed (of course he said this last Thursday). I contacted the person that he sold a much more expensive lens to (70-200) and he gave me the seller's phone number. Called him and left a message. At this time tomorrow if I don't hear from him I will let you know who he is right after I file a chargeback on Paypal.

If your plan is to try to steal $300, why sell a $1700 lens as your first transaction? Apparently I'm not a very good crook; I would think I'd start small then go for the big payday. But what do I know.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:25 PM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #10 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

So, what's the best method to warn everyone about my seller? It's been 8 days since I paid. No tracking number. No communication for 7 days. Just empty promises.

The seller is Kaiku. I had a "Wanted" thread looking for a 28mm 2.8 IS. He contacted me on Feb 18, 2014, and told me he had one like new for $300 including shipping and paypal. I paid him immediately after I looked up his history and saw he just sold a 70-200 2.8 lens to another board member and got a positive feedback from it.

He told me he'd ship the same day. The next day he said "Sorry I haven't shipped it yet, but I'm on my way now". Following day I asked for tracking, he said "I will ship it overnight Monday for Tues 10 AM delivery. It's Wed morning and no lens, no tracking number for 8 days, and no communication for 6.

I'm doing a Paypal chargeback now.

My fear is this - he's going into the "Wanted" threads and doing this to other people. I have notified Fred Miranda. If this was a long time member I'd give him more time probably, but after buying and selling on ebay for 14 years I know this wasn't going to be.

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kaiku

Account locked
p.1 #11 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Sorry about that shield. I was just waiting for the other buyers to send me the payment to my bank account that purchased my 70-200 II lenses. I guess you already did the chargeback. But please answer to my PM. I did not steal your money. I just had a lack of time going to FedEx after I shipped out the other items.

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:11 AM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #12 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

I'm glad you responded to this thread.

On Feb 18th, after I paid, you said "will ship out today"
On Feb 19th, after I asked for tracking, you said "Have not shipped out yet but heading out now"
On Feb 20th, you said "But have not shipped it out yet. Will ship it out around 8AM Monday morning and will use FedEx Overnight 10AM."
On Feb 24th I PM'd you twice.
On Feb 25th I called you and left a voice mail.
This is the first I've heard from you since Feb 20th.

After 8 days of no tracking number, 3 promises to ship that were not truths, what else would you expect me to do?

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:16 AM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #13 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Your dealings to get money for other lenses you've sold has 0 bearing on our transaction.

If anything Kaiku you should be flush with cash as you've just sold TWO 70-200 lenses.

You know what? Answer my phone call. Return my call if you're busy. Reply to my PM's. I'm a patient dude until I get ignored for almost a week.

Let me know when you can shoot my $300 back to me, thanks.
Shawn

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:20 AM
Kaiku

Account locked
p.1 #14 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

I did receive a few calls from unknown numbers but no text knowing it was you. If I had your number I would have contacted you directly. Will resolve this issue ASAP and will let you know when I have refunded.

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:28 AM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #15 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Kaiku wrote:
I did receive a few calls from unknown numbers but no text knowing it was you. If I had your number I would have contacted you directly. Will resolve this issue ASAP and will let you know when I have refunded.

I left my full name and number on the VM.

Thanks for the haste in resolving this.

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:30 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Kaiku wrote:

No excuse for such bad behavior. This sort of crap never happened here 5 years ago.

Feb 26, 2014 at 08:05 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

^^^^^+1 You got that right, Dean.

Feb 26, 2014 at 01:35 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

Tell ya what, <Kaiku>, for a NOOB here, I'd say you've done a pretty doggone good job of mucking up your reputation here. Your excuses to <Shield> remind me of the old saying "If you cannot befuddle them with brilliance, try to bedazzle them with bullshit(e)." Recommendation? GET LOST

Feb 26, 2014 at 01:45 PM
Charles Loy
• • •
p.1 #19 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

May be time for; Notice to all, don't buy from Kaiku

Feb 26, 2014 at 02:09 PM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #20 · Be wary of seller "Kaiku"

I just realized I said "weary" in lieu of "wary". How embarrassing! Maybe that was subliminal from typing this so late at night?

Still no money returned nor has Kaiku responded to the Paypal complaint.

How does one sell (2) 70-200 lenses and that same week can't refund $300?

*Edit* make that THREE 70-200's in a week's span.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/feedback/274182

Feb 26, 2014 at 08:20 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password