Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Lady of the Forest

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lady of the Forest

I wanted to do a late afternoon shoot in a pine forest - so I kind of roped my newly turned 15 year old daughter to model for me. This was just for fun!

Edited on Feb 25, 2014 at 02:09 AM · View previous versions

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lady of the Forest

Really nice Lisa. Your daughter is very pretty, you must be proud of her. All of these images are great, but the B&W really stands out to me. Stunning. I have been watching your work and hopefully I can learn from you for when my grand daughter is a little older. You never disappoint.
regards
Ed

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:15 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lady of the Forest

Thank you, Ed.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:16 AM
tsaphoto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lady of the Forest

She doesn't look particularly excited to be involved. How often do you rope her into modeling?

Pictures are awesome, like usual.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:19 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lady of the Forest

tsaphoto, if I may, I'll respond to your comment about her daughter not looking excited about being involved, as she sometimes gets that comment. Basically, Lisa is getting exactly the look/expression that she wants from Calista. That's her style. A lot of people absolutely love it, but it's not for everyone. The thing about having this expression, for me anyway, is that the face is relaxed and I think you really capture the beauty of her face this way.

As a wedding photographer, I'm shooting a bride's happiest days, and it's always a challenge for them to give me this expression -- and frankly, not everyone can do it, as for some the blank expression comes across as dull. Calista delivers, though.

By the way, Lisa, saw these on your FB page. No. 4 is interesting, as you mentioned a bit mysterious, with her looking away. No faves for me, though. I love them all the same, all for different reasons. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:32 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lady of the Forest

friscoron wrote:
tsaphoto, if I may, I'll respond to your comment about her daughter not looking excited about being involved, as she sometimes gets that comment. Basically, Lisa is getting exactly the look/expression that she wants from Calista. That's her style. A lot of people absolutely love it, but it's not for everyone. The thing about having this expression, for me anyway, is that the face is relaxed and I think you really capture the beauty of her face this way.

As a wedding photographer, I'm shooting a bride's happiest days, and it's always a challenge for them to give me this expression
...Show more

I agree with you, Number 5 and the B&W one captures the "look" you mention perfectly. I notice that Lisa has the knack of getting this expression from many of her models. It does appeal to me. But I must add, it's really not fair, Lisa has 9 more like this waiting in the wings at home.
regards
Ed

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:53 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lady of the Forest

This is EXACTLY the look I was after. Thank you guys.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:06 AM
Dentx
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lady of the Forest

Perfection Lisa, I just saw these on FB. Love the tone and processing.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:11 AM
GCasey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lady of the Forest

Beautiful daughter and beautiful photos . . . . as usual!!!!!!!!!!!

The B/W image has a mysterious feel to it, at least for me.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:14 AM
tsaphoto
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lady of the Forest

friscoron wrote:

As a wedding photographer, I'm shooting a bride's happiest days, and it's always a challenge for them to give me this expression
...Show more

That's not what I'm talking about. The expression in the photos matches what we usually see from LH stylistically. The first picture, though, has something extra - a glint of irritation in the eyes and posture usually lacking. If that's intentional, great work. I love your work and certainly believe you're capable of pulling a variety of emotions from your subjects.

Maybe it's just the way I'm reading it.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:19 AM

MRomine
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lady of the Forest

Absolutely love the first one!!! Last one is pretty good too.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:51 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lady of the Forest

Not fair! You have such beautiful models right in the family!

Great shots as usual Lisa!

Oddly enough, my favorite is #4 ... I usually like eye contact, but in that one, the idea of being followed rings so strongly.

Feb 25, 2014 at 04:01 AM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lady of the Forest

Beautiful shots.

Feb 25, 2014 at 06:23 AM
prairietom

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lady of the Forest

This location looks EXACTLY like the P-pine forest south of Flagstaff I elk hunted in 20+ years ago ....
Beautiful images.

Feb 26, 2014 at 03:44 AM
blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lady of the Forest

gorgeous as always, Lisa! I really wish someone would do a primer or video on taking photos directly into the sun and still getting such good detail on the subject. I like the style a lot but have no clue how to do it. B

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:44 AM
Gary Schmeidle
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lady of the Forest

Beautiful, both the photos and Calista! Especially like #3.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lady of the Forest

Thank you, guys! @Tom - Ironically, we were in the forest just east of Flag - so same type of landscape - Garland Prairie Rd. I think?

Feb 26, 2014 at 02:51 PM
RKnecht
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lady of the Forest

Stunning set. I like them all but there is just something about the B&W image that makes it stand out for me.

Feb 26, 2014 at 03:12 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lady of the Forest

Excellent photos as always. first and last are my favorites. The tree in 3 & 4 are too distracting to my eye and takes away from the overall scene and model.

Feb 26, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lady of the Forest

Great set, Lisa. I love how you are unafraid to put the subject smack-dab in the middle of the frame, I'm always draw to that approach. I don't find it static at all -- very dynamic if done right. Congrats!

My favorites are the first and last shots here. Very J.R.R. Tolkien in its otherworldly, mysterious beauty.

Feb 26, 2014 at 05:00 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password