Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

M I K E
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Hi all

I've made a video of the shot I posted yesterday of the beautiful girl.

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Courtney Video

And here's the pic we took.

http://www.creativephotography.gg/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/a1.jpg

Feb 24, 2014 at 04:30 PM
hatch1921
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Nice video... simple techniques helping to produce quality images. Reflectors/Diffusion panels should be a part of every photographers kit IMO. Minimal investment...huge returns.

Very nice capture btw. I saw the 1st post... hard to believe she is 16... in the video she comes across as a teenager... but... not in this shot Could be early 20's.

Great job all around.
Hatch

Feb 24, 2014 at 04:46 PM
tomrock
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

I'm especially impressed with you shooting one-handed with that 85mm lens!! Great job to all involved!

Feb 24, 2014 at 06:12 PM
M I K E
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Thanks very much, she's 16 in March, she does look much older. She is very tall too.

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated I've made a few more, just getting round to editing and I'll post them soon

Feb 24, 2014 at 07:37 PM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Hello Mike i've seen a few of your videos so far and they are well done just as this one is. Courtney certainly has the looks for a modelling career if she so wishes.

About the picture you've posted here, the high contrast - high keyish post processing although flattering for the face does nothing for the background, sort of destroys it a bit in my opinion making it come out as sharp edged patches and attracting the eye to an extend. Models eyes are gorgeous though.

Good work sir. :-)

Feb 24, 2014 at 08:02 PM
M I K E
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Thanks very much.

Yes I was messing in Photoshop/Lightroom for this effect, I did the usual b/w conversion and added a couple of layers with contrast and curves to give it some contrast then I copied the image and took one into LR and upped the clarity, then took it back to Photoshop, blended them together then masked the clarity one and brushed back bits I wanted (hair/eyes etc)

Cheers

Feb 25, 2014 at 04:27 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

great video, thanks for sharing! i have a reflector that I use but I have never had the subject hold it like that form underneath. was always worried about weird upward reflecting lighting but it looks like it works out well for you.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:12 PM
M I K E
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Thanks,

Yes if it's a tight headshot then ask them to hold it. I often work with no assistant/helper so hold them myself or get the model to hold them. Try it, you can just get them to turn their body until the light is right

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:23 PM
M I K E
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Thanks,

Yes if it's a tight headshot then ask them to hold it. I often work with no assistant/helper so hold them myself or get the model to hold them. Try it, you can just get them to turn their body until the light is right

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:23 PM
intimistic
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Thanks for the video. It was well done and informative.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:58 PM
M I K E
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Video of how beautiful girl shot was taken.

Thanks very much.

I'll be making more this weekend, I'm doing a camera comparison to see if we need a 30K Hassleblad or will a D3100 do

Feb 25, 2014 at 04:28 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.