Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

35 Years

Statitica
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 35 Years

It's unusual, in Australian culture, for a marriage to last so long as this, and when asked how it felt to reach the 35th anniversiary, my Dad replied, "Humbling."

1 man.
1 woman.
35 years.
6 Sons and daughters.
6 sons and daughters in law.
18 grandchildren.

And it was requested of me to take family photos. Not usually my thing, shooting people, and the nerves built up a little - I usually struggle in anything outside of: bugs, smaller bugs, flowers, more bugs, and my own three children - but I got a fair selection that I am personally happy with.

I have not yet calibrated my monitor after my machine was rebuilt recently, nor have I installed Lightroom (so I had to fumble my way through camera RAW in CS4), but on the other devices I have viewed these, they look OK to me. I hope this is the case.

C&C most welcome.

In no particular order:

Feb 24, 2014 at 01:38 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · 35 Years

You have some nice pics here and I'm sure the family is happy. The first few pics with the folded arms were redundant and didn't look natural, but that's a small nit. The one thing I am surprised about is that, based on the narrative, I expected to see this older couple who have been together for 35 years, and I expected to see a full family shot. What I did see, however, was quite nice, and I'm sure they're very happy.

Ron

Feb 24, 2014 at 02:55 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · 35 Years

friscoron wrote:
You have some nice pics here and I'm sure the family is happy. The first few pics with the folded arms were redundant and didn't look natural, but that's a small nit. The one thing I am surprised about is that, based on the narrative, I expected to see this older couple who have been together for 35 years, and I expected to see a full family shot. What I did see, however, was quite nice, and I'm sure they're very happy.

Ron

agree with the above.

would have been nice to see the couple that started it all

Feb 24, 2014 at 04:07 PM
GoodEgg
• •
p.1 #4 · 35 Years

All great images. #7 is my fave; reluctant and nervous. This one should show up in a slideshow at his wedding!

Feb 24, 2014 at 06:43 PM

Wildcats_Fans
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · 35 Years

Great images. Try tighter crops on them so the eye is exclusively focused on the people.

Feb 24, 2014 at 09:40 PM
Statitica
• • •
p.1 #6 · 35 Years

Thanks guys.

Fair call on not having those shots here, Friscoron; I should have included them.

I will embed the images when I get home from work, but if anyone wants to view them now (along with a bunch of other shots), in a "fancy" lightbox they can be found here: http://davevdwal.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/35-years.html#more

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:42 AM
natemerz

p.1 #7 · 35 Years

Looks like a tough place to shoot with such a busy background/oof branches etc. Might help to focus attention on the happy people if it was a little cleaner back there.

Feb 25, 2014 at 07:33 AM
Statitica
• • •
p.1 #8 · 35 Years

I kinda like the background in most of them, actually. There's a couple shots not shared here where the background is a little distracting, but on these I am more than OK with the "messiness" of the background

As promised:

10 - People are not my thing, less so in large groups.

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password