Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

Hello,

I've completed my Fuji X lens setup and made some tests this weekend to see how they compare. Since I got all this work done I tought it would be nice to share it, might be useful to someone.

First, the Fujinon 18-55mm vs the Olympus OM Zuiko 18mm (on a kipon T/S adapter):

Feb 23, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

Now the Fujinon 18-55mm vs the Olympus OM Zuiko 24mm f/2 (again with the Kipon TS adapter):

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:20 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

The Fujinon 18-55mm vs the Minolta MC Rokkor 55mm f/1.7. On this one I didn't made the test at all apertures because I'm mostly interested on the Minolta for bokeh.

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

Looks good for Fuji. I just picked up an X-E2 + 18-55/2.8-4 OIS kit last week. So far, I like it, but I haven't had a chance to do any careful tests. Thanks for posting.

Your results are similar to examples I posted a few months ago to compare XF 14/2.8 on X Pro-1 and Oly 21/3.5 on Canon 6D. The 14mm is an excellent little lens, too.

Edited on Feb 23, 2014 at 04:33 PM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:24 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

A bokeh comparison between the Fuji zoom and the Rokkor 55/1.7:

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:24 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

And finally, just for curiosity, a comparison made between the Fujinon XF 35/1.4 and the Minolta 55/1.7, both wide open and made with 4 to 5 images stiched. On this test I was looking for subject/DOF separation on full-body portraits.

Of course there's the obvious FOV difference and the stitching isn't perfect, but I think it's enogh to get the idea.

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fujifilm X-Pro1: alt lenses comparison (large images)

jcolwell wrote:
Looks good for Fuji. I just picked up an X-E2 + 18-55/2.8-4 OIS kit last week. SO far, I like it, but I haven't had a chance to do any careful tests. Thanks for posting.

Your results are similar to examples I posted a few months ago to compare XF 14/2.8 on X Pro-1 and Oly 21/3.5 on Canon 6D. The 14mm is an excellent little lens.

Yes, the Fujinon zoom is really excellent. I was already expecting the Fujinons to be superior, but I think the legacy glass is good too.

I can use the Zuikos with the Kipon TS adapter to get a 35mp image with stitching, the corners might not be perfect but this can be attenuated reducing the images to someting like 25mp, still a lot of resolution.

The Minolta 55/1.7 IMHO has good sharpness and excellent bokeh, I will use it when subject/backround isolation is important. And the best part is that it only cost me 30 eur on ebay!

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:41 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.