New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2 of my beautiful babies

One of my favorite photos of my children was one I took of Calista and Octavia when Octavia was about 7 months old. I have been wanting to re-create that shot with Gabriel as he is also now at about that age (8 months so close enough). I am head over heels in love with this and couldn't possibly be happier with how it turned out. I cannot believe how grown up Calista is looking here - she could almost pass for his mother! I guess that is actually fitting since she is like a little mother hen in our family. She is 15 years old now - as of a week ago. This was taken using good old garage light.

Just to share where the inspiration came from, here is the original of Calista and Octavia 4 years ago.

Feb 22, 2014 at 09:55 PM
dwa652
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Outstanding. But I would love to see the color versions too !!!!

Don

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Beautifully done! I like the character and intimacy of these ... but I'd never get my older daughter to take a shot like this.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Thank you! I didn't even edit them in color though because I knew they had to be black & white.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Gorgeous. I'm glad you shared the older one. If the one expression in this one moment in time defined each child, it's remarkable how different they are. Obviously, we've seen a lot of Gabriel these past eight months -- really, is he that old already?!!! -- and this expression has become what I would expect from him. Kind of a soulful, almost pained look as if he's really thinking this through. Love this shot, thanks for sharing.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Both are wonderful shots. As always, you rock. Gorgeous kids you have too.

To be picky (who, me?), the older shot has a different angle of the faces towards the camera and results in catchlights that are not quite as awesome as the newer pic.

Feb 23, 2014 at 03:03 AM
Elfraim
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Not a lot of studio work from you but i love it! Great shots, their facial expression is priceless.

Feb 23, 2014 at 03:44 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your comments. I still cannot get over how much my daughter has grown up in 4 short years. How did this happen?

Feb 23, 2014 at 07:10 AM
ronlane
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Lisa, that is a very nice photo. Actually when I saw it, I thought it was his mother. wow.

Feb 23, 2014 at 08:00 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 2 of my beautiful babies

ronlane wrote:
Lisa, that is a very nice photo. Actually when I saw it, I thought it was his mother. wow.

I've had to do a few double takes myself - they grow up too fast!

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
annbennett

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Gorgeous shots!

She totally looks like she could be his mother. I actually thought that was the case until I read the post (I usually look at pics then go back to read )

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 2 of my beautiful babies

simply amazing. the eyes tell the story.

Feb 23, 2014 at 02:13 PM
Javier Crespin
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Lisa

You are the best photographer I have seen but these two shots arent on the top of my favorites list for the reasons below:

1. Curvature of her back
2. Way too sharp and hot.

You have beautiful children.

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 2 of my beautiful babies

That's funny - the curvature of her back and the intimate posing are one of my favorite things about this image. It is nowhere near being clipped either. Too sharp? I'll try to make it more oof next time. *shrug* I guess it just goes to show that different people will like/dislike different things. Thanks for taking the time to look, everyone.

Feb 23, 2014 at 05:20 PM
Dooginfif20
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Too sharp? I'll try to make it more oof next time. *shrug* I guess it just goes to show that different people will like/dislike different things.

Actually what they were saying is its been over sharpened. Your work is awesome, but everytime I notice something wrong (and they are small things) I keep it to myself because I know how you are going to react. You take praise beautifly and criticism like we must be idiots or something.

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 2 of my beautiful babies

I'm not being snotty - I promise. I guess tone is impossible to interpret over the internet. I just don't understand the comment. I didn't sharpen this any differently than I sharpen any of my other images for posting online and I'm not seeing it. *shrug*

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Dooginfif20
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Well my guess is the images look different based on improved skill in shooting, lighting (understanding how to use light) and better equipment. It looks a tad oversharpened but the image is still awesome to me.

The reason I took your comment as such is because you said "Ill try to make is more oof next time" which to me no matter how you look at it comes of a little rude.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 2 of my beautiful babies

I'm guilty of being extremely sarcastic, but I didn't mean any harm by it.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Dooginfif20
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 2 of my beautiful babies

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
I'm guilty of being extremely sarcastic, but I didn't mean any harm by it.

Understandable! I think its a trait of Lincoln sailors

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM
JcarPhoto

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 2 of my beautiful babies

wow - i am a huge fan of your rich, vibrant colors in all your photos, but i am really loving these B&Ws!!!! great job as usual

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.