New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · ISO Control on 5d3

MikeW
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ISO Control on 5d3

Is the only way to change the iso pressing the iso button & scrolling the front dial? I find it awkward using just 1 hand. It is the same for a couple of other things?

Sorry, still learning

Feb 22, 2014 at 07:59 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ISO Control on 5d3

Can you find that little "Q" button between the main dial on the back and the joystick? Press it and it gives you direct access to many functions. Just toggle between them with the joystick and adjust with either dial.

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:23 PM
SeverianTL
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ISO Control on 5d3

Page 333 of the manual. You can customize the camera to use the Set button and the main dial to set ISO.

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:24 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ISO Control on 5d3

MikeW wrote:
Is the only way to change the iso pressing the iso button & scrolling the front dial? I find it awkward using just 1 hand. It is the same for a couple of other things?

Sorry, still learning

The button does not have to be held, only pressed once.

EBH

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:42 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ISO Control on 5d3

Thanks Knew it couldn't be that awkward. I'm trying to read the manual when I get the chance after the lil one gets to sleep, been a hectic week while trying to play with my new toy

Feb 22, 2014 at 09:28 PM
Peterk78
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ISO Control on 5d3

SeverianTL wrote:
Page 333 of the manual. You can customize the camera to use the Set button and the main dial to set ISO.

+1

This is a great way to change ISO on the fly without taking your eye away from the viewfinder. Thumb on the set button, flick/roll of the top dial to change the ISO as you would the SS.

Feb 23, 2014 at 02:29 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · ISO Control on 5d3

Yep, Set button is my way also. I actually would rather be able to change one of the main wheels to ISO instead of aperture while in M mode as I usually set and forget my aperture and then change ISO to deal with different coloured birds or lighting.

Feb 23, 2014 at 09:38 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · ISO Control on 5d3

Set button is the way to go.

Feb 23, 2014 at 09:53 AM
Peterk78
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · ISO Control on 5d3

arbitrage wrote:
Yep, Set button is my way also. I actually would rather be able to change one of the main wheels to ISO instead of aperture while in M mode as I usually set and forget my aperture and then change ISO to deal with different coloured birds or lighting.

Couldn't you set one of the main wheels up like you suggest, save it as a custom setting, and then change it back for every day use? Would the custom setting save the wheel function?

Just a thought.

Feb 23, 2014 at 03:01 PM
time2clmb
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · ISO Control on 5d3

Peterk78 wrote:
+1

This is a great way to change ISO on the fly without taking your eye away from the viewfinder. Thumb on the set button, flick/roll of the top dial to change the ISO as you would the SS.

You can easily feel the bump on the ISO button and change it without taking your eye out too. Or, even on cameras with no bump on it, you can simply learn to feel how many buttons over it is, 2, in the case of the 5d3

Feb 23, 2014 at 03:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.