1       2      
       end

Archive 2014 · Polarizer drop in filter for long glass

burningheart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Polarizer drop in filter for long glass

PetKal wrote:
Well, Robert, that's an easy one......for most people, that is. However, let's see if you can find your 49mm filter.

I think I might have used it to build my make shift 37mm polarizer drop in for my 150-600FD. and well looking for the 49 I did find my spare 52s.

PS Jim nice BIF shot with the 15FE. It's good to see you tested the drop in filter slot on the back of the lens. Where did you manage to pick up the polarizing foil? How much did it cost? Is there anything we should know when cutting the filter to size? Any special cutting tools needed?

Edited on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM · View previous versions

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Polarizer drop in filter for long glass

burningheart wrote:
I think I might have used it to build my make shift 37mm polarizer drop in for my 150-600FD. and well looking for the 49 I did find my spare 52s.

Not funny

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:01 PM
ted1000
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Polarizer drop in filter for long glass

Andrew J wrote:
I use it mid-day and it's a must have for any light colored birds. Modded mine to use the faster Hoya filter. Also you do not have to dial the CP to the darkest setting to still get a big benefit. So a stop and a half in bright harsh light, isn't too hard to give up.

In what way is it so important for light colored birds? Is it that they reflect so much light? Does it reveal more feather detail? This is important for me because I photograph allot of Whooping Cranes and Trumpeter Swans.

Thanks,
Ted

Feb 21, 2014 at 07:43 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Polarizer drop in filter for long glass

reveal more feather detail
You can get the kind of detail that you normally only see after dawn and near sunset. There is an extra challenge though. For a polarizer to really work you must be shooting at a right angle to the sun. So having the sun directly at your back won't do much.

Feb 21, 2014 at 08:02 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.