Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

coreybell
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

It will be interesting to know how this worked out for dhachey. I have read alot of bait and switch comments online about Getitdigital. Its been 3 days now and they should have called by now to inform of any number of things that went wrong with the order according to the hundred of pages of online complaints and the BBB.

NOW the better question... Why would fedmiranda advertise for such a well known bait and switch online merchant? Is it the kickback or just the fact that no research was done prior to getting in bed?

Feb 27, 2014 at 02:24 PM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

coreybell wrote:
NOW the better question... Why would fedmiranda advertise for such a well known bait and switch online merchant? Is it the kickback or just the fact that no research was done prior to getting in bed?

I understand what you're saying, but there's any number of ways to ask a similar question without implying that the owner of this site is money hungry or doesn't care about the membership at large.

Feb 27, 2014 at 02:41 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

coreybell wrote:
It will be interesting to know how this worked out for dhachey. I have read alot of bait and switch comments online about Getitdigital. Its been 3 days now and they should have called by now to inform of any number of things that went wrong with the order according to the hundred of pages of online complaints and the BBB.

Getdigital = 99.4% positive rating after 47,148 transactions
B&H = 99.1% positive ratings after 7,872 transactions

Feb 27, 2014 at 02:51 PM
ggreene
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

As soon as I see any reference to Ebay I run.

I would wait for a unit to become available on the Canon Refurbished site at a similar price.

Feb 27, 2014 at 03:12 PM
dhachey
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

coreybell wrote:

No bait and switch. They called to confirm my shipping address and to let me know a signature was required at delivery. They did the same thing last time when I bought my 5D3 from them. Communication has been excellent from them. The 1D X is on a fedex truck and out for delivery right now. I'll post an update when the package arrives.

...Dave

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:17 PM
ort5

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

Not a bad deal

Feb 27, 2014 at 04:25 PM
Plinian
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

I pulled the trigger on a GetItDigital 1dx and with the caveat that it has been less than a week of shooting, I couldn't be happier. In response to the concerns raised regarding ebay and bait-and-switch, I spent a little bit of time looking for and through online feedback for GetItDigital and came away with a different perspective from what coreybell reported; that perspective was quite positive, and (as above) has been matched by my experience so far.

Details: paid via PayPal using a credit card source (for a second layer of protection), received immediate email feedback saying it would be at least one business day before shipping. On the second business day, I called GetItDigital...the person I spoke said it would be shipped that day or the next (it was the next day) and offered a private party 3 year warranty. Shipment arrived 5 days after original order placed (2 days shipping) via FedEx, everything looked good, and body appeared to be a pristine grey market version (Japanese menu, no US warranty card, extra card added to box stating that for US warranty, I needed to register serial number with canon, which I did).

Just my experience, but there is every reason to think that dhachey and others will have a similarly positive experience, and I am grateful to Fred for initiating the thread.

Greg

Oh...how about some images.. .http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1276827

Feb 27, 2014 at 09:01 PM
dhachey
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

Plinian wrote:
[Snip, snip]...

Just my experience, but there is every reason to think that dhachey and others will have a similarly positive experience, and I am grateful to Fred for initiating the thread.

Greg

Oh...how about some images.. .http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1276827

I just received my camera, as promised. Exactly the same experience as Greg just described, including the Japanese menu. The battery is charging and I'll check it out this evening. I'll register with Canon and CPS this evening and report back if there are any problems.

...Dave

Feb 27, 2014 at 09:55 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

ggreene wrote:
As soon as I see any reference to Ebay I run.

Especially if you take the time to look at some of the feedback for these eBay sellers... not many eBay buyers are brave enough to leave negative feedback for fear of retribution, but those that do are usually telling similar stories of receiving used grey-market goods when they thought they were buying new.

I guess the scammers are running out of suckers, so they are recruiting web sites to shill for them.

Mar 01, 2014 at 03:53 PM
dhachey
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

dhachey wrote:
I just received my camera, as promised. Exactly the same experience as Greg just described, including the Japanese menu. The battery is charging and I'll check it out this evening. I'll register with Canon and CPS this evening and report back if there are any problems.

...Dave

[In response to Molson]: I don't think I'm shilling for anyone, but my experience has been very positive. I was aware that the 1DX would probably not have a US warranty card, but I registered it with Canon USA and with CPS. No problems. I payed via PayPal and used a CC that gives me a second year of warranty coverage. The camera was brand new and works beautifully (I'm still in awe of the AF system). Now, to be fair, the only [slightly] negative aspect was the need to change the menu system from Japanese to English and to upgrade the firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.03. It took all of 20 minutes, including time to download files.

If I were Fred I would be offended by accusations of "shilling" for greed. Fred is a gentleman of high standards and he has in the past removed ads from dubious sellers. If anyone has any negative experiences with this vendor, let them speak up.

Mar 01, 2014 at 05:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

snapsy
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

molson wrote:
Especially if you take the time to look at some of the feedback for these eBay sellers... not many eBay buyers are brave enough to leave negative feedback for fear of retribution, but those that do are usually telling similar stories of receiving used grey-market goods when they thought they were buying new.

I guess the scammers are running out of suckers, so they are recruiting web sites to shill for them.

There is no risk of retribution for buyers - eBay sellers aren't allowed to leave negative feedback.

Mar 01, 2014 at 05:11 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

Camera arrived from Camera Canada with the latest FW and English menu. Register with Canon & CPS with no problem. This camera is a Truely Awesome Beast, just really getting into the settings...

Mar 07, 2014 at 02:55 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

Mar 07, 2014 at 03:12 AM
ggOk
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

I'm so hooked to my 1dx right now that I'm thinking of another one as second body. But this time, I'm going to check out local store here in Japan for convenient warranty work in case I need it. I'll be here in Japan for two more years. Hoping they price match with US price which they have done for me before.

/r
Andy

Mar 08, 2014 at 02:53 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

snapsy wrote:
There is no risk of retribution for buyers - eBay sellers aren't allowed to leave negative feedback.

Most eBay users don't know that, unfortunately...

Mar 09, 2014 at 02:00 AM
ggOk
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

Just ordered me another 1DX from local Canon dealer here in Japan. Since I'll be stationed here for next two more years, figured it would be best if I can get warranty service locally if anything goes wrong within 12 months.
They were nice enough to price match the US price with some discount for being a regular in the shop.
With current yen to dollar rate, I was able to pick up new 1DX for $5400... I guess it'll become grey market item when I return to US

/r
Andy

Mar 09, 2014 at 01:56 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

molson wrote:
Most eBay users don't know that, unfortunately...

What is this conclusion based on?

Mar 09, 2014 at 02:53 PM
aubsxc
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

ggOk wrote:
Just ordered me another 1DX from local Canon dealer here in Japan. Since I'll be stationed here for next two more years, figured it would be best if I can get warranty service locally if anything goes wrong within 12 months.
They were nice enough to price match the US price with some discount for being a regular in the shop.
With current yen to dollar rate, I was able to pick up new 1DX for $5400... I guess it'll become grey market item when I return to US

No, it won't. If you bought your 1Dx from an authorized Japanese reseller and the camera was targeted for sale in Japan by Canon Japan, your Canon warranty is valid anywhere in the world. Under the terms of the warranty, an authorized Canon service center pretty much anywhere in the world is obliged to provide warranty service for a camera that is purchased from an authorized dealer in the country it was intended for sale in. If you bought a "USA" 1Dx from B&H, Canon Japan would fix your camera under warranty if you were visiting Japan and needed service within the warranty period. Similarly, if you bough a "Japan" 1Dx in Japan from a Canon reseller, Canon USA would provide warranty service for the camera in the USA.

If you bought a gray market camera, that is, you bought a camera that was intended for sale in a country other than the country in which it was actually purchased, the warranty will typically not exist, unless there are laws in that country that force Canon to provide warranty.

Mar 09, 2014 at 03:45 PM
ggOk
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon EOS-1D X for $5,649 shipped

aubsxc wrote:
No, it won't. If you bought your 1Dx from an authorized Japanese reseller and the camera was targeted for sale in Japan by Canon Japan, your Canon warranty is valid anywhere in the world. Under the terms of the warranty, an authorized Canon service center pretty much anywhere in the world is obliged to provide warranty service for a camera that is purchased from an authorized dealer in the country it was intended for sale in. If you bought a "USA" 1Dx from B&H, Canon Japan would fix your camera under warranty if you were visiting Japan and needed service
...Show more

I see how this 'grey market' stuff works now.. that's awesome to know, thank you.

/r
Andy

Mar 09, 2014 at 04:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password