Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813.89 with bundle.
Purchase either the Sony A7 or A7R from Adorama and save up to $813.89 when bundling with a FE lens and the Sony HVL-F60M Flash.
Also included the deal:
  1. Sony 32GB Class 10 SDHC memory card
  2. Sony LCS-ELCA/B Genuine leather case
  3. Sony PCK-LM16 LCD Protector.

Buy together and save: Sony A7R | Sony A7

Feb 19, 2014 at 07:10 PM
MeDaniel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Just want to add, If you know people that works at Sony. This is a great time to have them make a purchase for you.

Sony is offering 50% off on a7/a7r to there sony employees. I just pickup a a7+24-70 f/4 combo for $1600 through a connection I have.

Makes me wonder how much margarin do sony have on these camera & lens if they can discount that heavy.

It's a special event for sony employees and could only last one week.

Feb 20, 2014 at 04:45 PM
NikonGuyIsHere
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Looks more like these aren't selling well and they're trying to ramp up interest.

Feb 20, 2014 at 05:43 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

MeDaniel wrote:
Just want to add, If you know people that works at Sony. This is a great time to have them make a purchase for you.

Sony is offering 50% off on a7/a7r to there sony employees. I just pickup a a7+24-70 f/4 combo for $1600 through a connection I have.

Makes me wonder how much margarin do sony have on these camera & lens if they can discount that heavy.

It's a special event for sony employees and could only last one week.

That's a sweet deal. FF sensors are rumored to currently cost about $500, maybe a little less considering Sony's volumes with Nikon. A shot-in-the-dark guess of $800 for the entire body? Plus Sony benefits from placing these cameras in employee's hands to help kickstart the brand.

Feb 20, 2014 at 06:28 PM
itai195
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

NikonGuyIsHere wrote:
Looks more like these aren't selling well and they're trying to ramp up interest.

Probably true. These kinds of promos are pretty typical for most mirrorless cameras. I bought a Fuji X-E1 at a promo price about this time last year. These days, seems like once the hype wears off on any new camera the discounting starts in earnest.

Feb 20, 2014 at 07:29 PM
gatorine
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Just pulled the trigger. Too bad half the items in the bundle are out of stock
What's up with the 24-70 FE ship date? The Sony store listed a 2-20 ship date last week. Now it shows 3-6. The Adorama web page needs to be updated. It has listed a Feb 2 date most of this month.

Feb 20, 2014 at 07:58 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

@Fred, your A7 link above is broken - it point to A7R.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:59 AM
igmolinav
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Hi,

NikonGuyIsHere wrote:

I just hope the reason for it, has not to do with the quality of the product!

I find it quite a good price for a full frame camera and if one takes the bundle, one can
save up to $700 - $800 !!!

However, I am concerned/skeptical of some issues in general about the Sony 7a cameras
(Am I right to be concerned/skeptical about it ??):

*Are the controls for the camera already annoying to some people or the fiddling is manageable. (It is not a dSLR) ??

*Is the viewfinder relatively easy to work with autofocus/manual lenses. (It is not a dSLR) ??

Is video as good as in a dSLR ??

*Is the price ok? It normally costs, without a promotion, what a D610/D800 costs, (One can already find a D800 for around $2,400)

*Are their Zeiss ZA lenses for real? I mean the quality! ZF.2 and ZE manual lenses are more expensive than the Zeiss ZA for Sony. And the ZA are even autofocus lenses!

*Are these cameras rugged enough? They may lack the ruggedness of some dSLRs, but are they rugged enough to take them travelling?? Would they withstand the work of a travel photographer, for example. And that may mean dust, moist, and the occasional drop??

*Are they durable? I have a Nikon D50. It has already lasted with me some eight years. I know that a Nikon D610/D800 would last some good six years. Are the Sony cameras meant to last more than four-five years??

*Last, but not least. Would you be ready to have it as your primary camera ??

Thank you, kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Edited on Feb 22, 2014 at 05:07 PM · View previous versions

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM
pixeljohn
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

This will hurt used prices.

Feb 22, 2014 at 01:06 PM
DRose44
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Deleted

Feb 22, 2014 at 01:12 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

igmolinav wrote:
Hi,

I find it quite a god price for a full frame camera and if one takes the bundle, one can

However, I am concerned/skeptical of some issues in general about the Sony 7a cameras

*Are the controls for the camera already annoying to some people or the fiddling is manageable. (It is not a dSLR) ??

everybody has different opinions, some love the controls after customization some never like it. i find the controls of every camera made after 1979 really annoying...

igmolinav wrote:
*Is the viewfinder relatively easy to work with autofocus/manual lenses. (It is not a dSLR) ??

better for manual focus and better in general in dim light. worse in bright sunlight and different in many ways.

igmolinav wrote:
Is video as good as in a dSLR ??

better than most.

igmolinav wrote:
*Is the price ok? It normally costs, without a promotion, what a D610/D800 costs, (One can already find a D800 for around $2,400)

the price is what it is, if it's worth that to you it's ok. price has more to do with demand than cost to build.

igmolinav wrote:
*Are their Zeiss ZA lenses for real? I mean the quality! ZF.2 and ZE manual lenses are more expensive than the Zeiss ZA for Sony. And the ZA are even autofocus lenses!

the ZA lenses are very good. the 55 is better or at least as good in most aspects than the ZE 50/2 and the 35mm is about as good as the ZE 35/2 but slower. the build is not as good as the ZE lenses.

igmolinav wrote:
*Are these cameras rugged enough? They may lack the ruggedness of some dSLRs, but are they rugged enough to take them travelling?? Would they withstand the work of a travel photographer, for example. And that may mean dust, moist, and the occasional drop??

*Are they durable? I have a Nikon D50. It has already lasted with me some eight years. I know that a Nikon D610/D800 would last some good six years. Are the Sony cameras meant to last more than four-five years??

they're probably comparable to a nikon d7100. weaker in some durability aspects and better in others

igmolinav wrote:

me, sure. other people it depends.

Feb 22, 2014 at 04:32 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

NikonGuyIsHere wrote:

igmolinav wrote:
Hi,

I find it quite a good price for a full frame camera and if one takes the bundle, one can

Note that of the bundle savings, about $150 is for relatively useless stuff. Were you going to spend $130 on a never-ready case for it? But, it's still $200 off a lens and $450 off the flash, which is substantial.

The controls are a primary reason I didn't gel with the a7 cameras (I had access to both as loaners and fairly extensive time with the a7R specifically). First of all, for winter shooting where you're likely wearing at least thin gloves, I found I lost most tactile feel for the subtle button and dial designs, to the point where I'd have to look to see what I was pressing. I also found myself turning the camera off numerous times because of the on/off placement near the front dial. Scrolling the rear four-way dial was also a pain because it was too 'soft' in feel and not clicky enough. I'd accidentally push it too hard while scrolling and end up in some useless mode like exposure bracketing. I also found the animations of the settings annoying because they were always a fraction of a second behind the physical setting of the dial, so I'd end up overshooting or have to slow down the speed I turned dials.

To me these cameras sit in a gray zone between the simplicity of a traditional analog-style camera's controls for ease of seeing settings and the UI I'm used to with Canon 1D-style cameras that have very positive dial/button feedback that I can fly through almost subconsciously.

As a result I frequently felt the camera was in my way during use, though the technical quality of the images was certainly very high.

I thought it was pretty good. I found it easier than I expected to manually focus many lenses with focus peaking and not having to fall back to magnified focus assist, particularly at wider aperture settings, than I had been used to with prior Sony EVF cameras like the NEX-7. I only had access to the FE 35 and 55, but found both were pretty decent with AF and that AF precision with the 55 when subjects were fairly far away, was quite good and consistent. This is a situation where DSLR phase detect can often have trouble picking the subject out of a distracting background.

I think the price is in-line with what you're getting - a compact interchangeable lens full frame camera that can work with many off-brand lens options.

Not yet. Primarily for the above UI irritants that affected *me* and the OK but nothing special AF performance. I'll be all over mirrorless when it's at the same AF level as high-end DSLRs and can maintain shooting at 10 fps without stuttering or blacking out the EVF feed.

Thank you, kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Feb 22, 2014 at 06:54 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.