New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

I have an X100 and most of the times I just bump up the ISO and handhold the shot. I am starting to take the camera on more hikes and am looking for a very compact and light tripod that I can use with the X100. I need it to be as small as possible when closed up as it needs to fit inside a small day pack. Extension to at least 3 feet would be great. Cost, hopefully under $200.

Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry

Feb 19, 2014 at 05:19 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

how about a mefoto Backpacker?

Feb 19, 2014 at 05:36 PM
DearDuck
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

Would you like a custom L bracket for X100 camera?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FITTEST-LB-X100-Quick-Release-L-Plate-L-Bracket-for-Fujifilm-X100-X100S-Custom-Made-Arca/423578_1606982400.html

10% off for all users.

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:52 AM
arthurb
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

I find that I can hand hold the X100s at much lower shutter speeds than my DSLRs so I hardly ever need a tripod. If I do need one for longer exposures or night shots I borrow my son's Gorilla Pod and find something solid to stand it on.

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:57 AM
graeme

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

arthurb wrote:
I find that I can hand hold the X100s at much lower shutter speeds than my DSLRs so I hardly ever need a tripod. If I do need one for longer exposures or night shots I borrow my son's Gorilla Pod and find something solid to stand it on.

I find the same and if I can't do that I've been using a Manfrotto table tripod (http://www.manfrotto.us/table-tripod-with-photo-head) which is much the same approach...

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:36 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

Hi Harry,

I like the Manfrotto tabletop tripod too, but it doesn't get anywhere near to 3' extension. The attached photos show it using just the screw-mount option. I often use it now with a mini A-S QR clamp, attached to the screw head.

I also use some DIY and lighting/gaffer attachment accessories, like (i) an oak 'flatpod' with double-ball head and mini A-S clamp, and (ii) Super clamp with double-ball head and RC-2 clamp (I now use an A-S mini clamp)

The flatpod has holes drilled through the base that I run heavy twine through, so I can tie it down on a railing (or fallen tree), or hang it from a post (or tree).

Manfrotto tabletop tripod kit

Manfrotto tabletop tripod kit components

Flatpod

Super clamp gizmo

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
jseliger

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

I wrote the same basic question here and eventually ended up with a MeFoto tripod.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tripod for X100 or other mirrorless system

DearDuck wrote:
Would you like a custom L bracket for X100 camera?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FITTEST-LB-X100-Quick-Release-L-Plate-L-Bracket-for-Fujifilm-X100-X100S-Custom-Made-Arca/423578_1606982400.html

10% off for all users.

Spam - reported.

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:41 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.