Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

New website!!!

Michael_Kormos

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New website!!!

So amongst the 100+ things on my TO-DO list for 2014, I've finally managed to cross-out one item. Yesss!

I feel accomplished.

The site was first designed in 2011, and since then I have REALLY been slacking off on updating it. Galleries were small, the homepage was not engaging. I've tried to address a lot of these issues and provide users with a richer experience.

http://www.michaelkormos.com

I would really love to hear your thoughts. Good or bad, constructive or destructive. I want to hear them all. And if you come across any issues, then I definitely want to hear from you!

Thanks a million!!!

---------------
Fresh and Modern Family Photography
NYC | San Diego
http://www.michaelkormos.com

Feb 19, 2014 at 06:23 PM
friscoron
• • • •
p.1 #2 · New website!!!

Website looks good to me, very bright and very clean. Just the way I would want it for family photography. Checked out your blog and surprised you have so few comments there, esp considering how interactive your FB page is.

One thing with semantics you may want to consider. In your Investment page, under mini-sessions, you say that the clients get the copyright license for personal use. You may want to change that to say that they get a Personal Use License. Some people may take that to believe they now own the copyrights to the image given that language.

Hope to see you on here a lot more now.

Ron

Feb 19, 2014 at 06:49 PM
Bill Ley
• •
p.1 #3 · New website!!!

I like your photography, but honestly cant say the same for the layout or your website. First off it didn't open properly on my tablet. Rather than the photos being centered they were all on the left margin. Another thing is there is WAY to much information for a home page. If you feel you need to include all of that, maybe link to it rather than having your home page so cluttered. Maybe it's just me, but I would never read through all of that info on any website. On the plus side though, I like the photos, and that is the main thing :-)

Feb 19, 2014 at 07:44 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • •
p.1 #4 · New website!!!

Michael! I didn't know you were here! I love the new website - colorful, clean, and showcases your work well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the text on the homepage is SEO stuff, right? I have a bunch of stuff on my homepage similar to that as well. I honestly don't like it there, nor do I really know if it helps, but I'm scared to delete it. lol

Feb 19, 2014 at 09:51 PM
Michael_Kormos

p.1 #5 · New website!!!

Hi Ron!
Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions regarding the Investment page! Yeah we haven't seen much action on the Blog in recent 1-2 years. I think people are moving toward more social commenting? (Facebook, 500px, etc.). Who knows. I hope our spam filter isn't broken! I am looking forward to spending more time here.

Bill,
Say, what tablet/OS are you using? The images should NOT be misaligned. I am really curious to hear your answer. So happy you like our photos, thanks for the kind words!

Lisa,
I followed YOU here, from DPREVIEW forums, remember? Glad you're digging the new site! All that gibberish on the homepage is something I wrote years ago to help us with search engine optimization. After all, Google can't look at an image and think to itself "Oh yeah, that's a maternity photo, let me just categorize this site as such". I feel bad for anyone that actually reads it :-/

Haha, it's funny that you're afraid to remove yours. I am not even TOUCHING any of it. If we drop from page 1 to page 10 on Google, well then, what am I going to feed my kids? We're really putting more effort into other marketing channels this year. Can't just rely on Google, I know!!

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • •
p.1 #6 · New website!!!

10 kids have sapped my memory. lol :P

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Herb
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · New website!!!

going to one of the galleries takes a bit to load, but going through the gallery is fast....you might want to see if others have that issue or only me. If they do you should find out what needs to happen to speed that part up. The time it takes to load the first shot could cause people to not go further for fear they all load that way.

It loads like it is a huge file, but the others dont....so not sure what the issue is.....

Just checked the other tabs you have and they load that way too......choppy photo load....my 2 cents....

Other than that....GREAT SITE!

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Herb
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · New website!!!

didnt try loading on my ipad, but that is a must.....you should check that out...ipad or other tablet loading is essential....I did my evaluation on my desktop.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Michael_Kormos

p.1 #9 · New website!!!

Hi Herb,
And thank you for the thorough Q&A! I do regularly ping our server, and test its load time through this site (which… tests the load time). I'll pay extra attention to it. We just recently changed web servers after, literally, a decade. The old host got bought out by one of the "big" guys, and, as you can imagine, the performance went straight downhill.

I try to compress the JPGs in our galleries at around 80% to ensure they display nice and sharp. Granted, it's not without a bump in file size.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Feb 21, 2014 at 08:19 PM
trumpet_guy
• • • •
p.1 #10 · New website!!!

Michael,
I am viewing in Chrome on a low-res Windows laptop, but everything looks fine here.
Very clean looking site, with top quality photos. I admit to not surfing many photographer's
sites these days, but everything in your site says to me, "Full-time, seasoned professional."

Tim

Feb 21, 2014 at 09:32 PM
Michael_Kormos

p.1 #11 · New website!!!

Tim, thanks a million for your kind words. Much obliged! :-)

Feb 22, 2014 at 05:17 PM
PhilPDX

p.1 #12 · New website!!!

Michael, you might want to go over your code again:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.michaelkormos.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.michaelkormos.com%2F&profile=css3&usermedium=all&warning=1&vextwarning=&lang=en

-Phil

Feb 22, 2014 at 05:26 PM
Bfalcon1

p.1 #13 · New website!!!

Nice clean site.
On an ipad air here and it looks great!

Is this a template? If not, what is the blogging format? I have aphotofolio site and am looking for a nice blog to connect to the site.

Thanks,
Brett

BrettFalcon.com

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password