New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

shoevarek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Personally I strongly disagree with a notion of complete or even partial refund. If it is true that buyer asked the question only after commiting to buy the lens then he should accept his liability for irresponsible action. If he is honest by providing refund you excuse him for his stupidity. If he is dishonest you encourage him to continue hurt other sellers. My solution (other than full buyers commitment) would be return of the lens to seller with overall shipment cost split between both parties.

BTW. I wonder. Were his shipping options he proposed more costly to you than RM?

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Milkman
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Frankly this type of behavior is a borderline scam. Many buyers do just this sort of thing in order to get the price down further, knowing that more than likely you want to deal with it.

I don't sell much on eBay, but when I do I always add in the posting that I can refuse to sell to someone based on their feedback.

I would give the buyer positive feedback, but I would also write up how he wanted a reduction in price AFTER the lens arrived. That will help future sellers to know that they may want to avoid this person in the future.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM
johnahill
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Well I refunded £63 as a good will guesture, now the guy claims the leitax adapter (generally thought to be the best in the biz) caused problems and wants another £45

I f***ing hate people like this.

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:24 AM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

That's bullshit, of course. There's absolutely no way he can substantiate that claim. How is he using the lens in the first place? On a cheap adapter? Good luck with this...

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:47 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

He claims he needed to spend £45 on a new adapter

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:49 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Basically he bought a lens on ebay and now decided he wants it half price

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:50 AM
phigment
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Wow.. I feel for you. Too bad there wasn't a way to go back and offer to take it back for a full refund as jcolwell suggested.

Feb 25, 2014 at 09:52 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

That blows! I suggest you tell him, "No", and then stop communicating with him. His only recourse will be to file a grievance and leave negative feedback. Since eBay has already sided with you over the original refund request, you should be in a good position to get the grievance dismissed and any negative feedback removed. I would not send him another penny. It might result in a hassle, but I would definitely not cave. He's a bottom feeder.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Stinks...you should have him send the 'defective' Leitax back. This sort of after sale negotiating seems to be on the rise on ebay.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Seems pretty clear he had the intention of recouping some money via bogus claims such as this. What a scam.

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

Sorry to hear this johnahill. I take a different approach to Jim; I offer no refunds ever, and take many detailed images. I will take more if a buyer wants something specific. If selling second hand, I only warrant the performance of the lens/camera. He accepted the lens after looking at the images; he could have asked you for closer view of that clamping ring (it does look as though it has been removed from the images you posted) but this I why I only warrant performance, and point to my 100% feedback.

It's the time and irritation I want no part of.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck,

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:53 PM
Edgars Kalnins
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Ebay Selling Leica-R lenses

I hope ebay takes your side, that would help me regain some trust in selling there! so many scams recently

Feb 25, 2014 at 09:10 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.