New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Advice on creating web site, photo galleries

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Advice on creating web site, photo galleries

Hello - I hope this is the right spot for this question and that it's not too annoying. I need to get going with a web presence of some sort for my images. I"m looking for a solution that will allow me to load photos into separate themed galleries, and perhaps add some text, even blogging capabilities. I'd like it to look more like a photo business web site, where I can market my photos. If I get some portrait business going, it would be great for clients to be able to go to my site and order their own photos directly.

I hope this makes sense; I really don't enjoy this part of the process, not being technically minded, but I must get cracking. I've done some research and comparisons, ie Word Press, Smugmug, Zenfolio, even flickr, but I really am not sure how it all works together, and what would be simplest and most effective for me.

I do this part time, but have been shooting SLRs since the late 1970s, I have darkroom and a photojournalism background, so it's not that I am a newbie, I'm just old and teched-out!

Thanks for any thoughts. Links to your own pages with examples or links to sites where there are comparisons of such services.... anything would be appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks! Sharon

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM
DougDolde
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Advice on creating web site, photo galleries

I'm happy with Photodeck.com. It addresses all my needs and looks like it would do the same for you. Has easy to manage galleries, robust e-commerce and works well across all browsers, tablets and phones.

You can get half off your first month with coupon code YG@ULYCTN

See my site at www.douglasdolde.com

Feb 18, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Advice on creating web site, photo galleries

Hey Douglas - Thank you for the reply. Nice site and beautiful work! Impressive camera set up as well. I will check out Photodeck.

Feb 18, 2014 at 02:24 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.