Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

monie2078
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

lol.. gazillions of posts making fun of photogs who do selective color, and new, inexperienced photographers who shoot weddings, and everyone's jumping down this dude's throat for being "judgmental"..

.. Am I the only one who saw the "I used to be him, and I was once, and I don't miss him at all" part? .. Didn't pretty much everyone used to be that geared up guy? Aren't a lot of us still? And isn't it a teeny bit amusing to see things like that, and think back to when that was you?

I thought it was chuckle worthy... If anyone who got angry/upset by the OP is on the East Coast, I think they should get an automatic pass for their comment. All this frigging snow would make anyone irritable/cranky. Ugh..

It's the weekend, people. Be happy. :-)

Feb 22, 2014 at 06:48 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

monie2078 wrote:
lol.. gazillions of posts making fun of photogs who do selective color, and new, inexperienced photographers who shoot weddings, and everyone's jumping down this dude's throat for being "judgmental"..

.. Am I the only one who saw the "I used to be him, and I was once, and I don't miss him at all" part? .. Didn't pretty much everyone used to be that geared up guy? Aren't a lot of us still? And isn't it a teeny bit amusing to see things like that, and think back to when that was you?

I thought it was chuckle worthy... If
...Show more

Someone else that gets jokes......Thank you

Feb 22, 2014 at 03:09 PM
Classicxobsession

p.3 #3 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

Lol I used to be THAT guy with heavy full frame gear and even heavier glass. I actually lugged all that around in shoulder bags and suffered from it.

Now my gear is light enough that I barely feel them when I carry. I am glad I made the switch.

Feb 24, 2014 at 05:52 AM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.3 #4 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

Michaelparris wrote:
Someone else that gets jokes......Thank you

So we are laughing at that other guy or just observing?

Feb 24, 2014 at 06:10 AM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.3 #5 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

monie2078 wrote:

I thought it was chuckle worthy... If
...Show more

Good points about the other common objects of derision on the forums but maybe this hit a leeeetle too close to home for some fellow FMers. You can mock selective color and over use of tilty shift but once you bring a man's equuipment into the mix...watch out!

From a former "that guy"

Feb 24, 2014 at 06:37 AM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.3 #6 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

I utterly get this - I'm just selling a stack of cameras and lens (17 cameras?) from 24 years of this. Now it will just be the Fuji XT1 and x100.

plus a single film Nikon and Rolleiflex to stop me missing the rest.

But that's it. No more heavy metal.

Feb 24, 2014 at 02:57 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.3 #7 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

Micky Bill wrote:
Good points about the other common objects of derision on the forums but maybe this hit a leeeetle too close to home for some fellow FMers. You can mock selective color and over use of tilty shift but once you bring a man's equuipment into the mix...watch out!

From a former "that guy"

I think the analogy would be more like the difference between knocking selective colouring and saying hey guys check out the guy over there who does selective colouring.

Feb 25, 2014 at 06:17 AM
beardown34

p.3 #8 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

funny thread

Feb 25, 2014 at 06:35 AM

Michaelparris
• • • •
p.3 #9 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

Chris Fawkes wrote:
So we are laughing at that other guy or just observing?

Observing......and seeing my former self in the process. I still shoot with a D800 and on occasion still take it out for non-paying gigs. I just dont feel the need to pack every ounce of gear i own and take it with me when ever i go out with the misses for lunch...Believe me the itch is still there, I just try not to scratch it anymore

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:04 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.3 #10 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

Ian Boys wrote:
I utterly get this - I'm just selling a stack of cameras and lens (17 cameras?) from 24 years of this. Now it will just be the Fuji XT1 and x100.

plus a single film Nikon and Rolleiflex to stop me missing the rest.

But that's it. No more heavy metal.

I don't mind heavy gear. It has its place (for now). I just try to refrain from taking it ALL with me when I walk out the house....

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:06 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.3 #11 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

beardown34 wrote:
funny thread

50 posts and 3000 views later......who would have thought it would become this off a silly observation.

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:08 PM
egd5
• • •
p.3 #12 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

I just can't believe no one picked up on the guy telling his wife to hold the bag and not let it touch the ground. I don't want to think of what would happen if I tried to pull that with my wife. Wouldn't be pretty...

Feb 26, 2014 at 08:21 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.3 #13 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

egd5 wrote:
I just can't believe no one picked up on the guy telling his wife to hold the bag and not let it touch the ground.

Whenever I ask my wife to hold my bag she politely declines.

Feb 26, 2014 at 08:28 PM
egd5
• • •
p.3 #14 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:27 AM
gilead
• •
p.3 #15 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

I remember being like this guy..... waiting for someone to post something that could be taken out of context and jump all over him.
The second post should have been asking the OP what he meant ,not making fun of him.

Feb 27, 2014 at 01:58 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.3 #16 · Are you this guy? I was once and don't miss him at all....

The thread that will not die......

Feb 27, 2014 at 02:47 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password